Got it done.

I started with a banez GRX170, and have sanded it, painted, removed all the hardware and stuff.

the only thing stock in this guitar is the tunners, body and the inactive neck pickup. the rest parts are all new and good quality!the neck is new, and it came with a lame nut (DR.PARTS maple neck). I want to fit the floydrose metal nut in there, but i dont even dream how it should be done... If i have some help, measurements, maybe some drawings, i would get things dne in no time, but with nothing to help, i cant get this nut in there! and i dont want to pay 100000€ to somebody get it done for me!

Last edited by Lcrbsr at Nov 14, 2009,
just one peice of advice, your floyd nut will need to either go behind or in the place of your stock nut. Not in front of it like pictured.

EDIT: and if you already knew that, here's a good tutorial.

http://www.georgemangos.com/floyd/index.htm
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Last edited by blindsagacity at Nov 14, 2009,
yeah dude, thats only to have a scale ideia, i know i have to remove the old one and put the new one lol
Quote by The4thHorsemen
you'll need to line it up so that the edge will be exactly where the current nut is

here

http://www.georgemangos.com/floyd/index.htm

google is awesome!

great minds think alike
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

yes puting it in front of your nut will make the scale length go all to hell and ull never play in tune properly. i would just replace ur old nut with it. and if it ooks bad oh well inst that the point? :P
Uhm, you idiots He was just showing that he had the nut, he's not going to install it perpendicular to how it should be over the first fret =/ I don't think anyone smart enough to use masking tape is stupid enough to do that.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Ah, as it turns out I'M the dumb one.

From the point of view that does not assume that you're installing the nut in the middle of the fretboard...

remove old nut, even the front of the FR nut where the front of the old one would b e file down excess BE material from BEHIND where the old nut was until you have a flat surface (may have to add a shim to make it fit), and follow installation instructions (which probably involves drilling a couple of holes through the neck on either side of the truss rod for the mounting screws.)
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I was looking forward to a perpendicular locking nut - you make me sad Y3rd4dd1

Looks quite reasonable from the back - adding a locking nut would scair me stupid.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
god you guys take people like idiots.

Yeah, im gonna install de nut in the midle of the 1st fret, damn that must kick some tunning stability.... for god the lats pic was only to show that i have the nut, and for you guys to have a scale picture...

i just want to remove the old one and add the new one, and i need some drawings / close pics to know how to do this job... and i need to knwo how to install de bar that gives the strings the angle needed to take some action.
Quote by Lcrbsr
god you guys take people like idiots.

Yeah, im gonna install de nut in the midle of the 1st fret, damn that must kick some tunning stability.... for god the lats pic was only to show that i have the nut, and for you guys to have a scale picture...

i just want to remove the old one and add the new one, and i need some drawings / close pics to know how to do this job... and i need to knwo how to install de bar that gives the strings the angle needed to take some action.

You know, it's posts like this that make people not want to help you.

In any case, Google is your friend here, as well as Project Guitar.

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
It's simple. Cut the portion of wood out behind the nut, adding a shim if necessary.
Drill the two holes.

Install nut in correct place. If you ask where exactly that is, don't even try.

Want to know why the regulars treat everyone like idiots? Because we've seen people do some amazingly stupid things on here. It's better to assume.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
^this.

We aren't calling you an idiot, we just try to say things simply and obviously as possible so that everyone can understand them, and if just maybe you didn't understand scale length and whatnot we wouldn't have you screwing up your axe. Just taking the easiest, best route.

We can't tell how much you know about guitars right off the bat, we don't know you. Sheesh
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.