I just bought a boss MT-2 Metal Zone. I found a sound i really like quickly (ty boss) and was just wondering what some other settings people use on it.
Off
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by yoshy69
What do you mean?

They're trying to imply that the Boss metal zone is a shit pedal and that it's hated amongst the dwellers of this sub section. Supposedly if you mod it then it can sound great but meh.
I am on here every night and I just wanted some people to give me ideas on how they set it. I don't need people F*#@ing bashing me and asking me stupid questions. If you cant reply to the post with the content i was looking for then don't reply, its as simple as that.
Quote by yoshy69
What do you mean?

Well, making a thread about the MT-2 on UG is pretty much like trying to establish a public healthcare system in United States, you get flamed pretty badly for it.
Last edited by Sguit at Nov 14, 2009,
its actually not that bad of a pedal. the other guitarist in my band uses it with an orange rocker 30 combo, and it sounds nice. to be fair, i much prefer the natural gain of a bogner alchemist, but its really not bad at what it does if you have a nice tube amp
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by yoshy69
I am on here every night and I just wanted some people to give me ideas on how they set it. I don't need people F*#@ing bashing me and asking me stupid questions. If you cant reply to the post with the content i was looking for then don't reply, its as simple as that.

LOL calm down it's only the internet you aren't required to read and respond to every post out there. Just do selective reading and only read what you think would be of importance to you.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
They're trying to imply that the Boss metal zone is a shit pedal and that it's hated amongst the dwellers of this sub section. Supposedly if you mod it then it can sound great but meh.

Well if they hate it they need not reply. I was wanting to here from people that do like it and use it, its all a matter of opinion anyway, everyone has different tastes and thats what makes music touch so many different people.
It has an excellent paperweight setting
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
Quote by yoshy69
Well if they hate it they need not reply. I was wanting to here from people that do like it and use it, its all a matter of opinion anyway, everyone has different tastes and thats what makes music touch so many different people.

And you also don't need to read their answers as well. It doesn't just go one way mate you're gonna get shit answers it's the way forums work and you're gonna need to learn how to skip over them or take them with a grain of salt. Plus the more worked up you're get the more they will want to flame you.

edit: That and it's a forum people are allowed to express their opinions no matter how wrong or useless they appear to you.
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Nov 14, 2009,

-Squire bullet strat + EMG 81
-Epiphone special II GT + SD blackout + SD dimebucker
-Line 6 Spider III 75w
-Behringer VT100FXH w/ Behringer BG412S
-Boss Metalcore
-Boss Metalzone

So what dude, if you like it who cares?!?

Dude, there is a diezel mod for the metalcore, there should be someone near you who will do the mod. It improves it VASTLY.
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Nov 14, 2009,
Keeley has an excellent mod for it too. The diezel one sounds really good as well. As others have said it is a horrible stock pedal. But, if you can find a setting you like good for you. Just because I would rather get kicked in the nuts every hour of everyday than use that pedal doesn't mean you shouldn't like it.
Quote by Sguit
Well, making a thread about the MT-2 on UG is pretty much like trying to establish a public healthcare system in United States, you get flamed pretty badly for it.

Best post I've seen all day
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Sir-Shredalot

-Squire bullet strat + EMG 81
-Epiphone special II GT + SD blackout + SD dimebucker
-Line 6 Spider III 75w
-Behringer VT100FXH w/ Behringer BG412S
-Boss Metalcore
-Boss Metalzone

So what dude, if you like it who cares?!?
Dude, there is a diezel mod for the metalcore, there should be someone near you who will do the mod. It improves it VASTLY.

Are you trying to tell me my gear is shit or something?
sirshred, you forgot invaders and mg's

TS, the diezel mod is a step in the right direction, but be forewarned, it doesn't make your pedal sound like a diezel.

do yourself a favor and mail that damn thing to robert keeley... turn one of the worst distortion pedals ever into one of the best.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
noooooooooo

Phew wouldn't want to upset the ENGL boys they love their tube amps
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Nov 14, 2009,
Quote by azn_guitarist25

cheeky basterd i saw your post before you changed it. nice axes. what amp are you rocking now?
Quote by azn_guitarist25

d00d you traded your Caparison foar that shiz!?!?!?!

and *reported* cuz its a settings thread.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me