Whats your opinion on the sport of boxing? Do you enjoy watching it, or other violent sports?

I enjoy watching it for the sport, but i dont enjoy watching someone get their ass kicked by 3 guys in the street or similar situations. Also when you are at school its best to fight it out than talk shit behind peoples backs or bully people.
I think it's awesome when used responsibly. I just joined a boxing team a couple weeks ago and I love it, but there's no way I would use what I've learned unless I had to.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by ShaunDiel
Gay sport.

lrn2kick&grapple

na that crap is gay to me too much body contact for a man
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
na that crap is gay to me too much body contact for a man
To bad boxing is full of guys hugging each other all the time.
epic7734
Quote by ShaunDiel
Jiu Jitsu is only gay if you make eye contact.

my bad i thought you were talking about that UFC crap!
's allright, but is way cooler when thrown into MMA with the muay thai and everything else allowed
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Rather than watching it, boxing would be a useful little self defense thing you could have. But I have my Hitmonchan handy for those situations.
Boxing is so boring. Half of the match is them leaning on each other.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Boxing: old-timey sport that's like MMA but you wear big red gloves and can't use anything but them. But it gives rich people something to bet on

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Its interesting how mma is considered a safer sport than boxing also.
epic7734
The way I see it is you have to be involved in some kind of fighting sport to really appreciate boxing since what a lot of people consider boring is mostly a showcase of perfect technique. That being said I love boxing, and think mma blows hard (I respect the ground game of mma fighters though)
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Quote by frog_friend
The way I see it is you have to be involved in some kind of fighting sport to really appreciate boxing since what a lot of people consider boring is mostly a showcase of perfect technique. That being said I love boxing, and think mma blows hard (I respect the ground game of mma fighters though)

I think alot of it has to do with the match ups(boxing that is).

There are so many boxers now and so few of them are actually legit.
epic7734
lol everyone bashes MMA for being "gay". Umm have you watched boxing? its literally 10 seconds of fighting with pillows on your hands and then 40 min of hugging

MMA is only 3 rounds, 5 min each. Thats my kind of sport.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by epic7734
I think alot of it has to do with the match ups(boxing that is).

There are so many boxers now and so few of them are actually legit.
Yeah that is true. Some of the undercards for the fight tonight were pretty good though. To all the people who say that boxing is fighting with pillows on your hands. Have you ever taken a good punch from some where wearing a boxing glove? I'm not talking about taking a shot from one of your bitch ass friends in a back yard boxing match where all of you hit like little girls. I mean a good clean shot from someone who knows what they are doing. You will see stars even with some 16 ounce gloves.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Boxing is often boring save for quality main events like the one tonight. Too many organizations, too many belts, too watered down, too much bureaucratic bullshit.

It's best not to ask the public about combat sports. Most people here probably have an extremely minimal knowledge of fighting that doesn't go far beyond the few weak fights they had as kids.

I much prefer MMA and K-1 kickboxing, and Muay Thai. The rules of boxing are too constricting IMO, although it's awesome to see extremely talented boxers go at it.