I'm getting a new guitar this month, and I need a little help deciding. Any help will be appreciated! =D

http://www.trocmusic.com/images/annonces/upload/241250.jpg
^
(EC-1000) - $879

http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/esp/guitars/ltddlx/hires/h-1001_acsb.jpg
^
(H-1001) - $ 799

I play a LOT of metal (Killswitch engage, All that Remains, LOG, etc)

I play through a Line 6 POD XT then through a Crate FW15R
Last edited by UrTalkingToKory at Nov 14, 2009,
What amp are you going to be playing this through?
Also, what kind of music? Budget? Open to other suggestions at all? Oh and are you willing to go used?
Last edited by consecutive e at Nov 14, 2009,
Quote by consecutive e
What amp are you going to be playing this through?

+1

Also, what genres are you going to be playing?
I'd go the horizon, It's got 24 frets (which i personally use) and i like seymour duncans, tho all my guitars have EMG's
ESP Eclipse (in snow white)
Orange Tiny Terror
go with the les paul shaped one. my opinion is solely based on the fact that i am getting sick and tired of looking at stratocaster shapes because i have THREE of them and only one les paul. Plus the les paul play better than any of them combined.

ec-1000 all the way dude

edit: plus, you go out on stage with that baby and orgasms will be had before you even turn the volume up. its purdy

Quote by Jarrad100
I'd go the horizon, It's got 24 frets (which i personally use) and i like seymour duncans, tho all my guitars have EMG's

both of them have 24 frets. lol
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Last edited by GODhimself37 at Nov 14, 2009,
Ec-1000 all the way. but i am bias. I own one. If you don't have a guitar with active pickups yet, give it a try. You will love them on a high gain tube amp.

The other guitar is good too. Play them we cant decide for you.

Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
ec-1000 is a great buy. Seriously the only difficulty I would have picking this one would be which beautiful finish I want. black cherry is my favorite.
I was in the same situation. I went with the EC because the shorter scale felt a lot better to me. The emgs are really nice too. The 60 is very versitile.
YEAH! ಠ_ಠ
I say get the H-1001. I bought a 500, and loved it so much I bought a 1001. And I got both for about 1000.

The guy who said SD's won't react to a tube amp as well is silly. And EMGs sound artificial. But it's your money.
Last edited by Thurisaz at Nov 15, 2009,
I say get a new amp with that money instead of the guitar. It will improve your tone 10x more than any guitar will
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I say get a new amp with that money instead of the guitar. It will improve your tone 10x more than any guitar will
This.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
New amp first if you want to sound better.
New guitar if you want to look cooler.

It's all up to you.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349

It's all up to you.

this +alot
Yeah go for a new amp. Unless what you are looking for is a better feel from a guitar. But if your not and you just want your sound to be better, go for a new amp.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Get the H-1001:
- cheaper (and still same quality)
- SD > EMG
- 24 frets
- more comfortable regarding weight
- better upper fret access due to double cut and less body thickness

To be clear: these are my personal opinions.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by UrTalkingToKory
I completely forgot to mention that right now I'm playing through a Jackson DXMG

That's perfectly okay. Trust me....a new amp will make that guitar sound like awesome.
Quote by jc349

It's all up to you.

what kinda crap is that? anyone with that mindset should not even be playing guitar. a different/newer/better guitar can change your sound soo much, and in some cases, more than what a different/better amp can. amps don't make you sound better unless you know what you are doing.

on that note, get the H-1001 and throw in a set of SD Blackouts best of both worlds.
My Band: Throat Hammer (Blackened Thrash)

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

Blackstar HT100 & 4-12-Fulltone O.C.D./AMT P1-Jackson RR24RM (EMG 81 in bridge)-Ibanez RG321/SD Blackouts
Quote by rugbyguitargod
what kinda crap is that? anyone with that mindset should not even be playing guitar. a different/newer/better guitar can change your sound soo much, and in some cases, more than what a different/better amp can. amps don't make you sound better unless you know what you are doing.

on that note, get the H-1001 and throw in a set of SD Blackouts best of both worlds.

Your post is full of so much ignorance I really don't know what to say....
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Your post is full of so much ignorance I really don't know what to say....

your display title is full of ignorance 'Crab F*ckin Core'

if you already have a decent amp, then go for the guitar upgrade. if you are playing thru a 15 watt MG but have a DXMG then yea, definitely opt for the amp upgrade.

there, is that easier for you to understand?

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

Blackstar HT100 & 4-12-Fulltone O.C.D./AMT P1-Jackson RR24RM (EMG 81 in bridge)-Ibanez RG321/SD Blackouts
You could definantly use a new amp. If you like the pod a lot, maybe a tube power amp is in order?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Either way they are both $599 at SamAsh so paying so much more is a waste.

I'd get an amp first but that's me, not you. Good luck.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by rugbyguitargod

if you already have a decent amp, then go for the guitar upgrade. if you are playing thru a 15 watt MG but have a DXMG then yea, definitely opt for the amp upgrade.

Except an amp is far more important than the guitar. Besides he already has a great guitar and the ESP won't give him as great a tone change as an amp.

Do you actually think going from one EMG/SD loaded super-strat style guitar to another is gonna make so much of a difference on some shitty practice amp? No, so shut your mouth.

thank you.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Last edited by TOMMYB22 at Nov 16, 2009,
Quote by TOMMYB22
Except an amp is far more important than the guitar. Besides he already has a great guitar and the ESP won't give him as great a tone change as an amp.

Do you actually think going from one EMG/SD loaded super-strat style guitar to another is gonna make so much of a difference on some shitty practice amp? No, so shut your mouth.

thank you.

thats wtf i just stated in my last post. So, STFU.

you're welcome

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

depends. Both are great guitars if you like the styles of both. I'm really against the scale length of the eclipse. I seriously hate the feel and sound of the shorter necks. I'd get the Horizon. I like EMG's but the sd's are really good too. Play them first then decide.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by rugbyguitargod
thats wtf i just stated in my last post. So, STFU.

you're welcome

No problem,

...**** you
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by rugbyguitargod

He is playing a POD XT through a Crate Flexwave 15W....perhaps you should read the whole post before shooting your mouth off.
Last edited by Brendan.Clace at Nov 16, 2009,