Poll: Does the term shred fit?
Poll Options
View poll results: Does the term shred fit?
yes
3 17%
no
1 6%
stfu
14 78%
Voters: 18.
Back before i could play guitar, shred fit perfectly according to my ears. stupd fast solos and stuff sounded very "shred" like.

i "dice" more than i shred, but i don't think the term shred fits, it implies like super hard picking and fingering.

speed is about just the right amount of pressure, agility, finess, and accuracy. it's almost delicate IMHO to get your speed up. Maybe i'm the only one who thinks so
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Lol Pete, you can shred but **** up when tuning by ear a whole step down

I put stfu cuz I am a cool guy.

I agree, shredding is nothing like the name implies. Your fingers have to be nimble and quick, and very precise. I guess a more fitting name would be... gnarly improv?
I think it has to do with what your fingers look like there doing when "shreding". I don't like the term but I don't know what else to call it. Playing fast?
man i knew that stfu was gonna bite me in the a$$.....

that's true tho, what else you gonna call it?
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
shredding - to cut or tear into shreds

that makes total sense. you are tearing the fretboard into a hundred different notes
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
*insert pear here*

tbh I don't think it matters if it's "dice" or "shred". As long as people know what you mean, it works.
who cares about what you call it, it`s what it sounds like that matters

i hate it when peeps start sub-dividing genres....wtf is deathcore and metalcore etc, who cares, it`s music albeit all nu-metal is shit
Quote by ibanezgod1973
who cares about what you call it, it`s what it sounds like that matters

i hate it when peeps start sub-dividing genres....wtf is deathcore and metalcore etc, who cares, it`s music albeit all nu-metal is shit

That is exactly why people do it, so you can tell people what something is and they'll know what you mean. Also, metalcore and Deathcore are vastly different, a more appropriate thing to ask would be "what's the difference between deathcore and slam-death?"... this is a distinction I do not understand but still some people make.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.