Page 1 of 2
What do you think is the best original starting pokemon and why?

I would go with squirtle because:

1) He can learn surf so I would have to get a worse water pokemon
2) He can learn dig so he has potential to be super effective against much of the elite four..
3) He has much higher stats than Bulbasaur while also being well rounded
4) I like him
Quote by RPGoof
Bulbasaur
he kicks ass in the first two gyms

True, but my pokemon are investments, Squirtle is probably the best choice in the long run.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
squirtle by far
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
squirtle is the easiest, but charmander turns out the most powerful.

i always go bulbasaur, anyone know where i can get a plain black t shirt with bulbasaur on it?
Mine would be Chimchar:
1. Fire types are rare. Useful fire types are rarer.
2. Base 108 speed outruns base 100's securely without maximum speed EV investment.
3. Access to Grass Knot, STAB Close Combat, in addition to hidden power Ice gives excellent coverage. Throw in a life orb and you have a great stall breaker as long as the opponent is not Latias.
4. Capable of being a specialized physical or special sweeper and having the stats to utilize both ends of the spectrum.

/nerd
Quote by MattAnderson111
True, but my pokemon are investments, Squirtle is probably the best choice in the long run.

+ 1

Squirtle is the way to go!
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Choosing your starter pokemon was kinda like choosing your game difficulty,
Bulbasaur = Easy.
Squirtle = Normal.
Charmander = Hard.

Shouldn't this go in the Pokemon Thread?
I've always been a Bulbasaur fan. The whole Grass/Poison thing is a great typeset and I'm of the opinion that most grass Pokemon aside from the starters suck.
Also I like the Lapras more than Blastoise.
Yeah, something I said once was epic, I have proof:
Quote by bowdyyz69
aha that was epic

Also:
Quote by Kensai
Yeah I was hoping for robotsex.
Screw context.
they all have their plusses, however I'm on pokemon yellow, so a butterfree does me well
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by bearsfan092
Mine would be Chimchar:
1. Fire types are rare. Useful fire types are rarer.
2. Base 108 speed outruns base 100's securely without maximum speed EV investment.
3. Access to Grass Knot, STAB Close Combat, in addition to hidden power Ice gives excellent coverage. Throw in a life orb and you have a great stall breaker as long as the opponent is not Latias.
4. Capable of being a specialized physical or special sweeper and having the stats to utilize both ends of the spectrum.

/nerd

/wrong game
Quote by rocking bassist
I've always been a Bulbasaur fan. The whole Grass/Poison thing is a great typeset and I'm of the opinion that most grass Pokemon aside from the starters suck.
Also I like the Lapras more than Blastoise.

it's always hard to get a good water pokemon though.... i really like growlith so hard to get though
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by consecutive e
Bulbasaur = Easy.
Squirtle = Normal.
Charmander = Hard.

+1

and

Charmander > Chimchar > Mudkip > Cyndaquil >Squirtle >Totodile >Piplup> Bulbasaur> Chickorita> Torchic> Turtwig> Treeko
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Wait wait wait.
I forgot my favorite Gen. 3 pokemon, Blaziken.
This mother****er is a ninja/chicken. When he's not jumping over buildings, he's kicking ass.
Although I like Bulbasaur, and he is good in the beginning, he really loses steam in the end and he can barely even be used up until Mt. Moon because of all the bug catchers... I just like Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise move set the best.
Squirtle easily. The Charmander evolution line = the most overrated pokemon ever.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous
Squirtle easily. The Charmander evolution line = the most overrated pokemon ever.

Pikachu is actually the most overated. It's also the most underated at the same time.
Quote by consecutive e
Bulbasaur = Easy.
Squirtle = Normal.
Charmander = Hard.

nah, they each had the same difficulty i think, but had an "easy" point somewhere in the game..

Bulbusaur in the beginning
Squirtle in then end
Charmander in the middle

Likewise, they all had a harder point in the game
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
Quote by slipknot5678
Pikachu is actually the most overated. It's also the most underated at the same time.

I don't think Pikachu is the most underrated... I would have a Jolteon way before I would have anything to do with a Pikachu...

what more do i need to say? Also, my friends ALWAYS picked charmander/fire pokemon, so I would normally pick water for when we dualed.
Squirtle. Blastoise is badass. It's all about the defense.
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
I usually use Squirtle because if you only train the 1 Pokemon he just destroys absolutely everything, even Zurge.
However on my most recent playthrough it came to my attention that my Blastoise was incredibly weak mid-late game, and would often take 2 shots of a strong attack like Mega Punch to kill enemies up to 20 levels lower.
I have noticed that Lapras is exceptionally powerful late game, being able to 1-shot enemies 20 levels higher, not to mention it learns Ice Beam and can be taught Psychic.
Bulbasaur straight sucks past Brock so I'm going to have to go with Charmander.
This is a pain though because you obviously can't go straight Charmander early game but its well worth having a good fire type and a good water type in late game.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Fire always has the best pokemon for me. They all kick ass at the end of the game, which is the hardest part of the game

The only time this rule never worked was in Gen IV, which I want to believe never existed
Squirtle.
Think about it, your rival picks Bulbasaur. When they all evolve Blastoise can learn ice moves and destroy the hell out of both grass AND fire type pokemon.
hello
Charizard has the best stats out of all the starters in every generation if I remember right. I used to be a Bulbasaur kind of person back in the day when I played the original games, but Grass/Poison is just such a horrible and overused combination.

...And to whoever said Typhlosion is the best, I agree.
Charmander, simply because Charizard looks fucking badass.

And for people saying Squirtle because 'there's no decent water types'? What? With the right movesets Slowbro, Cloyster, Lapras, Starmie and Vaporeon pwn Blastoise. Even Gyarados has it's plusses against it.
now i wanna play pokemon....

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
I like Bulbasaur and Squirtle best. But for making the game easy, catch an Abra early on. Psychic Pokemon are absolute beasts.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by Mechanixx
I like Bulbasaur and Squirtle best. But for making the game easy, catch an Abra early on. Psychic Pokemon are absolute beasts.

Alakazam is fine 'till you come up against something with Body Slam/Double Edge and a decent Attack stat.
Quote by StringAssassin
Wait wait wait.
I forgot my favorite Gen. 3 pokemon, Blaziken.
This mother****er is a ninja/chicken. When he's not jumping over buildings, he's kicking ass.

I lol'd.

2/3 of a lolstack.
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Page 1 of 2