I've searched but can't find the answer. Is it possible to have a Switch that selects either Single Coil or Humbucker while keeping the 5way selector for configurations? The RandomHero wiring allows you to have the standard 5 strat options as well as the 2 Humbucker options... but, you have to add 2 additional toggling switches. One switch selects either the 5way strat switch or the humbucker switch (which is the other toggling switch, neck or bridge humbucker). I suppose what I'm really asking is can I wire the humbucking switch into the 5way selector as well so that I only have the one toggle switch and the 5way switch.. ie: Toggle Switch is in say, SC position, the 5way single coil options are used and when the Toggle Switch is in the other position say, the H Position, the 5way toggle switch has 1st position as Neck Humbucker and 5th Position as Bridge Humbucker.
push/pull coil tap?
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
I should have specified. I want all single coils. My idea that I'm trying to design is using either a set of texas specials or custom shops and using a switch to allow humbucker configuration where the neck or bridge humbuckers would be selected using the same 5way switch via positions 1 and 5.
Bump. I can't figure this out. In the simplest way of putting it. I want to have humbucker and single coil options w/o changing the outside appearance much. I want it to look like a regular strat as much as possible. 1 extra button/switch is ok.

Edit: I never added a link to what I've been referring to. The mod is essentially what this guy has http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUMNwkoalKA
Last edited by Naptime at Nov 22, 2009,
Easy. The video contains a link to the wiring schmatic. Instead of adding the mini-toggles, do it with push-pull pots. You will have to have two, but you won't change the appearance of the guitar.
Quote by cedricsmods
Easy. The video contains a link to the wiring schmatic. Instead of adding the mini-toggles, do it with push-pull pots. You will have to have two, but you won't change the appearance of the guitar.

That's probly my best option atm. Do you think it's possible to have a push/pull to choose single coil or humbucking options with the selector switch choosing neck/mid/bridge (only neck and bridge for humbucking)? Thanks for your input!