I've never had a pedalboard, and I'm on a tight budget, so I'm getting some cheaper pedals and making my own pedalboard out of an electric guitar case, then building myself up from there. Anyways, my first question is what order to put these pedals in.

wah
Chorus
Tuner
Analog delay
Some kind of OD (Haven't gotten one yet)
EQ(same situation as the OD)

My second question is power supply. Right now, I can either get a surge protector and just plug them all in (possibly daisy-chain them? I honestly don't know what that is), or get a 9 volt power supply. Or of course, whatever other options there are that I don't know about. Suggestions?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I hear I-Spot power supplies are pretty good. They also come with Line 6 Adapters, for Line 6 pedals, which would normally not be daisy-chainable.

I just had to lend that GP Magazine, with a bunch of pedalboard info...
Tuner goes First in your signal change
I know for sure, Wah goes first, or second(If you have a tuner) Unless you are Tom Morrelo.
Not sure about EQ, my guess, is that is goes before, or right after wah.
Delay and Chorus I'm not to sure about.
Distortion goes last.

Pedal Order in the Signal Change is mainly your decision.

How is a Guitar Case going to work for a Pedalboard?
I'd think it'd be way to big, not to mention how much cases cost.(I payed half the price of my guitar, on a case)

EDIT: Doesn't this belong in GG&A?
Unless, you are planning on modding the guitar case?
..I was watching my death.
Last edited by timbit2006 at Nov 15, 2009,
Quote by timbit2006

I just had to lend that GP Magazine, with a bunch of pedalboard info...
Tuner goes First in your signal change
I know for sure, Wah goes first, or second(If you have a tuner) Unless you are Tom Morrelo.
Not sure about EQ, my guess, is that is goes before, or right after wah.
Delay and Chorus I'm not to sure about.
Distortion goes last.

Eh. though it is all preference i wanted to say that:

1. Delay and other time effects should go last.
2. Wah position kind of depends on your preference for sound, I put mine after my distortion and overdrive.
3. I haven't seen many players who put distortion last :/
Lots of pedals.
I forgot to mention, I'm cutting the case in half and my friend is using it to make a pedalboard for himself. I'm not really sure how to explain the wah sound I'm looking for, I'm going to be using it in solos mostly, I would guess only with OD or distortion. Could someone explain daisy-chaining to me? Do I need to have a specific kind of tuner pedal to power the rest of them? I'm getting the Behringer version of the TU-2
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by Skunk Force 9
Eh. though it is all preference i wanted to say that:

1. Delay and other time effects should go last.
2. Wah position kind of depends on your preference for sound, I put mine after my distortion and overdrive.
3. I haven't seen many players who put distortion last :/

Yeah timbit is kind of our resident noob....

TS: It's really just a matter of personal preference, but tuners always go first, then wah+distortion/OD, then delay goes last.

OneSpot adapters are good for people on a budget, but they're unreliable and cause a lot of hum. Sooner or later, you'll probably end up getting a DC-Brick or something.

EDIT: Daisy chaining refers to powering the pedals off of a single cable.

Also, not all tuners are capable of powering other pedals, and i'm pretty sure the TU-2 only powers like 2-3 other pedals max.
Last edited by Schism1985 at Nov 15, 2009,
Just experiment with the wah placement. I prefer mine after the distortion.

As for daisy chains: I wouldn't recommend using one pedal to power the rest. I seem to get a bad hum if I do that with my Boss TU-2. Just grab a One Spot adapter and use that.
Lots of pedals.
Guitar>Tuner>Wah>OD>Chorus>Delay>Eq. And my recommendation would be instead of a guitar case, use a briefcase or suitcase with the pedals velcroed to a piece of plywood inside.
I don't have a delay pedal, so I would have no idea which order it goes in, that's why I said "Delay and Chorus I'm not to sure about"
I am however, getting a Delay pedal soon(Perhaps Ibanez Tone-Lok Delay, or whetever the correct name is)

I was pretty much listing what is in my Pedalboard, Except, I don't have an EQ.

There is, however, one exception to the tuner being first in your signal chain.
If you have a pedal, which is the first in your chain(Digitech Whammy, some Wahs etc.),
They have a "Dry Out", which you can plug your tuner into.
I don't know the advantage of having your tuner out of the "Dry Out". The only thing I can think of, is to only have 1 cable being used, and no loss of signal.
..I was watching my death.
The advantage of having the tuner first is that some effects alter the signal enough to cause tracking issues and make it harder to tune.
Quote by mattocaster99
The advantage of having the tuner first is that some effects alter the signal enough to cause tracking issues and make it harder to tune.

I am agree with you
nice post
***No Advertising***