Joined a new band the other day, and none of my guitars quite cut it for the style of music we're gonna be playing, which is metal, by the way. Think Lamb of God, Children of Bodom...that kinda stuff. I was thinking about either the Razorback DB Floyd or the ESP LTD M-100 FM. I want something with a Floyd on it, sounds good in drop tunings, and is preferrably $500 or cheaper. Any other suggestions would be welcome as well.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by kaosxrocker
Joined a new band the other day, and none of my guitars quite cut it for the style of music we're gonna be playing, which is metal, by the way. Think Lamb of God, Children of Bodom...that kinda stuff. I was thinking about either the Razorback DB Floyd or the ESP LTD M-100 FM. I want something with a Floyd on it, sounds good in drop tunings, and is preferrably $500 or cheaper. Any other suggestions would be welcome as well.

I just read your list of guitars. They should all cut it for metal.

Sounds to me like you need a new amp.
If you're only spending up to $500, don't get something that has a Floyd. You won't find one that has good tuning stability.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Okay, so i wasn't completely honest in the original post. This is more of an attempt to get rid of my POS Ibanez than anything. Just trying to decide what to replace it with.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Maybe a Jackson? Well your Epi's will definately cut it for metal anyhows... And the RP250 can give you some cool metal tones with some tweaking.
Quote by Rokeman
Maybe a Jackson? Well your Epi's will definately cut it for metal anyhows... And the RP250 can give you some cool metal tones with some tweaking.

I'm kinda leaning toward ESP for now, and yeah, i was gonna play with some of the settings on it tonight and see what I could come up with.

Quote by wolvenrick
Quote by kaosxrocker
Okay, so i wasn't completely honest in the original post. This is more of an attempt to get rid of my POS Ibanez than anything. Just trying to decide what to replace it with.

22 or 24 frets

mahogany, alder or basswood?

What are you looking for in particular?

If you're considering a floyd, you might want to look into the Ibanez S series with the ZR tremolo (don't let that shitty 4ex1 turn you off to Ibanez for good; some of the Ibanez trems are great.)
Used Ibanez MIJ RG ftw!!! Nothing more needs to be said, they're excellent and reliable and versatile guitars.
Quote by rlheart
22 or 24 frets

mahogany, alder or basswood?

What are you looking for in particular?

If you're considering a floyd, you might want to look into the Ibanez S series with the ZR tremolo (don't let that shitty 4ex1 turn you off to Ibanez for good; some of the Ibanez trems are great.)

24 if possible, and mahogany or something similar. And yes, I know. I've played some great Ibanez's, I just happen to loathe this one with every fiber of my being lol

Quote by wolvenrick
The Falloutboy Signiture
Gear
Ibanez RG421EXFM
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Epiphone Futura Prophecy Custom
Martin 1970's D-28
Quote by kaosxrocker
24 if possible, and mahogany or something similar. And yes, I know. I've played some great Ibanez's, I just happen to loathe this one with every fiber of my being lol

I'd look for an older used shecter hellraiser FR. The older ones came with OFR's.
24 frets. EMG 81/85 combo. Should be perfect for you.
Quote by rlheart
I'd look for an older used shecter hellraiser FR. The older ones came with OFR's.
24 frets. EMG 81/85 combo. Should be perfect for you.

What I'm probably gonna do is head over to Guitar Center tomorrow and take advantage of their 15% off trade in deal that they've got going on, which means I'd have to buy something new there tomorrow. Just kinda looking for some last minute insight before I bought something terrible like I did that Ibanez.

Quote by wolvenrick