How do you get the sounds in these songs:

around 1:20 in this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBm_fuIeQL0

(It's Zero -Smashing Pumpkins in case anyone wants to know)

or the lead guitar in this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pycOxUNJMA8

(Superjail Theme )

I also guess you could say the tone I'm thinking of is reminiscent of Brian May's?

In the ball park of all three I guess

anywho, I'm very curious what you guys think it takes to get such sounds since I'm thinking of maybe using it (well, even if it doesn't fit in my band, It's still an awesome sound)... I thought at first it'd be layering of tracks, then octave and distortion, but so far I can't find any clips of any combo of pedals or sounds and such that give me a clue. Help plz?
Last edited by JDizzle787 at Nov 15, 2009,
Quote by stephen_rettie
use the edit button.

haha... ha... hah. h...a.
Didn't really feel like so and didn't really care, makes no huge difference anyways

Ok, so 5th harmony thing/ ring modulator is a possibility... any other ideas? Would I like, need a whammy pedal to get it?
It takes just as much work to make a new post as it does to edit one.

So, please edit your posts.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
It also takes away from the point of the thread/ question if 2/5 replies are some unnecessary comments about how I didn't edit my original post. For the record, I frequently edit my posts, and I just didn't feel like doing so this time. I didn't do it to be an asshole, and I didn't do it to bump my thread. I was just tired and goofy.

Back to the topic at hand. So, back to my original theory, is it some sort of octave + gain effect or what? I'm very clueless about what would produce that kind of sound, and I'm looking to you guys who seem to have more knowledge about this sort of thing, and I respect that.
Quote by JDizzle787
It also takes away from the point of the thread/ question if 2/5 replies are some unnecessary comments about how I didn't edit my original post. For the record, I frequently edit my posts, and I just didn't feel like doing so this time. I didn't do it to be an asshole, and I didn't do it to bump my thread. I was just tired and goofy.

TNFootballFan's username looks a little weird doesn't it?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
In as much as zero is concerned:
For the "Zero" solo, Iha used the Digitech DHP harmonizers which he replaced with the Eventide H3000 Harmonizer live... He also cranked up a Fender Blender

Around the 1:20 mark it sounds like some wankery on the trem arm, similar tone.

I didn't listen to a whole lot of the second clip but it sounds like any generic harmonizer.

Quote by tubetime86

Quote by tubetime86

yes, I am totally aware of that... I wasn't trying to step on any toes, just defending and explaining my actions, that's all. I could be doing a lot worse than not editing my post (which I actually did in this case!)

and thank you guitar/bass76, I'll check it out, sounds like what I'm thinking of.

Another edit, thank you again, definitely what I was looking for. I now know I'm going to look for one of these
Last edited by JDizzle787 at Nov 16, 2009,
There's nothing to get worked up about or to "defend." Just edit your posts. It's easy and it's the rules, no matter what your reason may have been. If I thought it was that big of a deal, I would've given you a warning, but I didn't. It was just a heads up.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
digitech whammy for the digital pitchbend, then to a phase shifter with a really short time on the sweep? makes and effect almost like tremolo.

my best guess.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive