Im rebuilding my pedal board to accomodate a couple new pedals, and I seem to be running out of room.... right now, my chain goes-korg pitchblack-jimi hendrix wah-boss sd1-rocktron nitro booster- boss dd3-visual sounds h20 c/e-holy grail reverb-amp.
i have a boss eq that i like to lessen the change from my strat to my les paul, and the only place i seem to have room is either before or after the reverb pedal, which is currently last in my chain. Does having it this far into the chain have any negative issues, or should it would just fine?
just dump the eq alltogether. there really is no point becuase if your recording, you can eq during production so that your not recording with a to effected sound and if your playing live you can eq with the sound guy on the mixing board. eqs are one of the most wasteful things you can buy and i still find it incredible that people still buy those pedals.
If you only use it to change the sound of your amp with certain guitars why not run it through the effects loop? I use it on my head to tighten up the sound a bit and also to lower the volume a little so i can crank my amp a little more.
Quote by HIM%(^
just dump the eq alltogether. there really is no point becuase if your recording, you can eq during production so that your not recording with a to effected sound and if your playing live you can eq with the sound guy on the mixing board. eqs are one of the most wasteful things you can buy and i still find it incredible that people still buy those pedals.

Right, 'cause the sound guy will change your EQ settings exactly how you want it, instantly at the push of a button.

EQs are generally recommended before or after distortion, or the part of the chain that colors your tone. I don't see how placing it at the end will do any actual harm, though, save for maybe altering the character of your modulation pedals.
Put it either in your effects loop or somewhere in between your distortion and reverb.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by guns_rosesldb
Im rebuilding my pedal board to accomodate a couple new pedals, and I seem to be running out of room.... right now, my chain goes-korg pitchblack-jimi hendrix wah-boss sd1-rocktron nitro booster- boss dd3-visual sounds h20 c/e-holy grail reverb-amp.
i have a boss eq that i like to lessen the change from my strat to my les paul, and the only place i seem to have room is either before or after the reverb pedal, which is currently last in my chain. Does having it this far into the chain have any negative issues, or should it would just fine?
If you're using it to make the change between more manageable, the obvious place is at the front of the chain, not the back.

This way you keep big changes in the frequency response or the output level of the guitars from causing too much need for tweaking the controls on the other pedals in the chain. For instance, distortion pedals can sound very edgy and brittle if there is too much treble on the input. Or "farty" with too much bottom. Get things set right for one guitar with the eq pedal off, then tweak the eq so the other guitar can still sound good with the same pedal settings when you have the eq on. You can't clean up all of the problems you create in pedals with the eq afterward. Sometime the eq needs to be at the front.

Sounds to me, like this could be one of those times.

Also, this really belongs in GG&A, not in GB&C.
Plugging things into a chain really isn't building.
I'll ask a Mod to move this for you.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.