So yeah i want a new guitar. A les paul. But i was thinking, what would be the best option? I would like to spend ~700$. It would be best if it was good for all styles of music. Well at least with decent cleans and crunch for rock, however i don't play metal. Also, it should be available in europe.
Maybe a Burny but my preference is for a TC Ellis as he'll advise on the right pickups to get the sounds you want. Expect a custom from him to take about 8 weeks to make or he has a batch of LPs being made now with Maple necks, rosewood fretboards and BKP Abraxas pups.
http://www.tcellisguitars.com/blog/2009/10/custom-built-les-paul.html
And a review of an upgraded Standard one.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/tc_ellis/series_2/index.html?helpful=1298238132
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Do a search on this topic. There was one just like this recently, but I can't find it. Very similar questions as yours.

Oh, there are a multitude of brands of LP's in that price range. It might be difficult in Europe, but I would go to music stores and try them out. In my case, I have an Epiphone LP Standard and it's good enough for everything from Clapton to Metallica. Good luck.
Yesterday is History; Tomorrow is a Mystery; but Today is a Gift; That is why it is called The Present.
Last edited by wetrx95 at Nov 15, 2009,
You should look into the ELS/LTD EC series. Les Paul styling with a modern playability. I like the ones loaded with Duncans.

You could also look into Tokai/Burny/Greco/Orville/Epiphone Japan/Edwards ESP but I don't recommend shopping online, so unless you can find one in person, don't jump the gun.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.