I've been wondering. I sold my hard shell case and I just have a stand and a gig bag. I keep my guitar inside the gig bag slightly (VERY slightly) resting on the wall in a corner.
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
i rest almost all my guitars against the wall when not playing them.

whoops
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I have all mine on stands, either a hercules hanger mounted on the wall or a normal one.
ESP Eclipse (in snow white)
Orange Tiny Terror
there`s no such thing as slightly resting against a wall, the weight of the guitar is still pushing against the wall.

all mine stay in the hardshell cases, it`s what they were designed for, gravity is such a wicked beast that it tends to pull guitar stands down with even the slightest vibration of the floor.

"gravity = the ultimate downer"
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Nov 15, 2009,
I hang my few on a purpose-built rack as they don't all have hard cases.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

i would advise that you always keep guitars in hardshell cases if possible. putting them on a stand makes them susceptible to falling over (sometimes randomly) which is really bad if your guitar has a back-angled headstock without a volute. (which is why tokai/epiphone/any other company that makes a firebird knockoff should supply a hardshell case with it!)
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I'd say I usually have my electric guitar on one wall hanger, my bass on the other wall hanger, and my acoustic on my stand, but that's a lie. Most of the time, I end up with either the electric or the bass on the stand, and the acoustic and electric leaning up against my desk or something.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Nov 15, 2009,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
there`s no such thing as slightly resting against a wall, the weight of the guitar is still pushing against the wall.
Sorry, but no.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Gig bag resting against the wall. Guitar resting on gig bag against the wall ... Ive always kept my guitars this way.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

I usually have my guitar fetish of the moment in a stand and the rest in HSC's or gig bags. I haven't had any problems...yet.
Yesterday is History; Tomorrow is a Mystery; but Today is a Gift; That is why it is called The Present.
I have my guitars on a 5 guitar stand. The way that you put the guitars on it makes it so that you would have to kick the guitars off of it to knock them over. Best investment ever.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
i put them on stands and then put a forcefeild around them to keep it steady u shuld get a forcefield off ebay and they r great against bullies
I keep two electrics on stands at any given time, so I've got some variety at hand. My acoustic is also leaning against the wall, but resting on its leather strap so it won't move. My other ones are in their hard cases.

I think that my guitars should be on display, no reason why something practical can't be used for aesthetics too.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i have a hardcase for my acoustic and i have an old ibanez case that fits anything else i have (my RG, Tele, and Strat all fit strangely enough) so i always have 2 in cases and 2 in gig bags. sometimes there's one on a stand, but most of the time it's on the stand IN a gig bag just for extra protection just in case.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Best way to keep your guitar when you're not playing it, is in the case.

If you don't have a hard-shell, gig bag will do, don't lean it against stuff. If it falls, your bag probably doesn't have enough padding. The bag won't do much for protecting it against the humidity of your home/room.

Just as a general rule, don't lean guitars against anythinggggg. Too many accidents, one has seen.