Ok, heres the plan:

I buy a Squier Bullet Strat ($200 AUD), and mod it (pickguard, pickups, bridge, nut, tuners)

Im just asking, Is it worth it modding it? Because i dont want to spend 200 dollars on somthing that will still turn out crap.

oh yeah this will be the first time i will mod something
Play it first, if it plays crap, there's no point.

Also, A 200 dollar guitar is going to have some cheap ass wood in it...might be worth seeing if you could just get a body and neck for 200, then put stuff in it.
as museiscool said. you're basically paying for a body and neck, see if you can get better for that price, but i quite like the bullets myself. nice and light.
Its up to you really. I wouldnt say buying a guitar to then lay out cash to replace just about every part for it be worth it no. As said if your gonna do that just buy a decent neck and body then go from there. My squier I dont really have any more in it than what I paid for the guitar. All the parts I used to mod it were sitting around from past projects. I painted the pickguard, modded the existing bridge from trem to fixed etc.
yeah i know but i need a fixed bridge guitar (tunning floatings are annoying), so i want to make a good fixed bridge guitar out of a squier.

so i do?
Quote by museiscool
yeah i know but i need a fixed bridge guitar (tunning floatings are annoying), so i want to make a good fixed bridge guitar out of a squier.

so i do?

it's up to you man, I kinda think you should just buy a neck and body as stated and go from there, but it's really up to you.
go with an agile if you wanna do that.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Quote by Oujou
I'd try a guitar from Guitar Fetish

sorry to thread steal, but what are the xaviere guitars from that site like?
im looking at the jazzmaster style one. are they good quality? or pretty sh*tty?
You can just block the trem, and 'bam' fixed bridge.

I'd be looking for some kid who gave up on his old squier. I see them go for <$100 all the time here.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!