that some of the greatest natural overdrive and clean tones i've ever heard comes from playing my guitar through a bass amp :O

i got bored and plugged my guitar into an Orange Crush 35B that my band is keeping at my place, and was thoroughly shocked at how great my tone sounded on clean
it's a single channel amp, so i cranked it all the way and the natural OD is really organic, punchy, and just ****ing great overall
and this amp is a solid state bass amp too on top of that

tried it with my ts-9 recently too and it sounds even better! my ts-9 is chunking out even more gain on this amp than when i use it with my V3
it's a shocking discovery to me seeing that i spent 900 bucks on a head and another 350 for a cab and am thoroughly impressed with a 200 dollar bass amp
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
i used to use my Crate Bt15 with an overdrive pedal with my Fender, but stopped because my bass was jealous
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by parkerfly123
that some of the greatest natural overdrive and clean tones i've ever heard comes from playing my guitar through a bass amp :O

i got bored and plugged my guitar into an Orange Crush 35B that my band is keeping at my place, and was thoroughly shocked at how great my tone sounded on clean
it's a single channel amp, so i cranked it all the way and the natural OD is really organic, punchy, and just ****ing great overall
and this amp is a solid state bass amp too on top of that

tried it with my ts-9 recently too and it sounds even better! my ts-9 is chunking out even more gain on this amp than when i use it with my V3
it's a shocking discovery to me seeing that i spent 900 bucks on a head and another 350 for a cab and am thoroughly impressed with a 200 dollar bass amp

The crush is a solid state amp therefore there wouldn't be any natural overdrive, it would just be loud. Did you mean you turned the gain all the way up?
You will probably also play through the bass amp for a bit, come back to your guitar amp and fall in love with that all over again, it happens quite a lot for me. I fall in and out of love with my amp a hell of a lot.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
The crush is a solid state amp therefore there wouldn't be any natural overdrive, it would just be loud. Did you mean you turned the gain all the way up?
You will probably also play through the bass amp for a bit, come back to your guitar amp and fall in love with that all over again, it happens quite a lot for me. I fall in and out of love with my amp a hell of a lot.

that could be the case, i havent been in as much contact with my V3 for a few months since it's been sitting in my friend's studio, but as for right now it's the best tone i've encountered in a while
ok, well not natural od, but it distorted in a really nice OD-like style
i cranked up the volume and the gain on the amp, everything was up, the only thing that varied was the EQ setting, even with the volume all the way up and the gain at halfway, it still has a nice OD-like distortion, just only a tad bit milder
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
Quote by SimplyBen

Solid state amps can overdrive if you turn the volume up, the transistors in them just act like valves really. I suppose it depends on what the amp is designed for really, my music teacher at school has a guitar amp thats a solid state, and it overdrives really nicely when you turn it up.
Cam Sampbell's my hero