Alrighty... I'm in the process of getting my first real "rig" goin' on, and I need some help picking out the right pedals for the job...

What is the job? Opeth-esque cleans, Petrucci style leads, and crunchy metal rhythms!

AMP:
B-52 ATX 100, think barebones dual rectifier type amp. Possibly looking into getting a Mark IV as my next amp.

Guitar: Jackson DKMG w/ Passive BKP Ceramic Warpigs. Looking into getting a 7

Current pedals:
MXR Classic Distortion (basically a limited edition ODIII, on order)
BBE Boosta Grande (probably gonna sell it if I get my MXR)
Boss NS-2 (should arrive Monday)

Pedals wanted:
A good delay, probably digital as I will be using it for gain and clean. Looking for around $100 new or used.

A good wah for high gain leads, not too keen on using it for funk, but it would be nice . Once again, around $100 new or used. There is an original crybaby on c-list near me for 30 bucks, get it and mod it maybe?

An eq. Should I get an MXR 10 band, or just go with a rack eq? There are a few on my local c-list for around $50-100.

If there is anything else you want to suggest to me, go right on ahead
Thanks for all your responses in advance
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
Delay: Boss DD-3 is gonna be your best bet fot that money,or a used MXR Carbon Copy, great pedal.
Wah: Out of the box original Crybaby's pretty much suck, but after some modding, i could work great for you!
EQ: MXR will do just fine.
You may want to look into a phaser/chorus of some sort.

Metalbaswee.
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Last edited by metalbaswee at Nov 15, 2009,
Delay: Boss DD3 / EHX Memory Boy
Wah: That crybaby for $30 is a good deal if you can do the mods on it.
EQ: Why spend all that money on an EQ when a Danelectro Fish n Chips will do the job very well and is pretty damn cheap.
Chorus: EHX Small Clone?
Flanger?
Reverb?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by {Ѵëņŏmőůş}
A good wah for high gain leads, not too keen on using it for funk, but it would be nice . Once again, around $100 new or used. There is an original crybaby on c-list near me for 30 bucks, get it and mod it maybe?

An eq. Should I get an MXR 10 band, or just go with a rack eq? There are a few on my local c-list for around $50-100.

yeah, sure, spend around $50 all told and an hour, maybe two of your time... great way to save a few bones.

definately, DEFINATELY go rack eq, atleast 31-band, if this is an option for you. you will NOT regret having that kind of control over your tone --> speaking from experience.
Quote by GrisKy
yeah, sure, spend around $50 all told and an hour, maybe two of your time... great way to save a few bones.

definately, DEFINATELY go rack eq, atleast 31-band, if this is an option for you. you will NOT regret having that kind of control over your tone --> speaking from experience.

Maybe a little bit offtopic. Do you use al 31 bands? And do they all make a noticable difference?
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
yes, and the reason for that is it allows you to, in principle, control your Q with finer detail.

I like to cut narrow andboost wide, generally speaking. with, say, a 7-10 band EQ pedal, cutting narrow means cutting one slider, whereas with 31 bands you can hone in on the freq that's giving you fits, kill it, slightly cut te surrounding freqs, and boost it's octave slightly, and with a wider band/Q.

for example, let's say 300Hz is killing me. with a 31-band I can cut at 300, and nudge a little boost around 150 (or 600, but I would probably do it at 150hz). I end up with a full sound that doesn't have any rebel freqs.

now, if you were just going to use the EQ as a boost, like to make your leads stand out a bit more with a nice push in the mids, then I'd say a pedal would be much more reasonable just because it'd be used much less frequently, and it'd be easier to control on the fly (well, "on/off" atleast). but if your plan is to shape your basic tone with an EQ, extended is the only way to go.
Thanks for the responses guys. I talked to a really nice guy at guitar center today (as well as trying out the Mark V) and he pointed me toward the dd-3 as well. It worked out great for the type of delay I was looking for. I didn't buy it right there though, I still wanna shop around some more.
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
look into the tech 21 boost dla. MUCH better than the boss dd-3, much more versatile, and all around a better delay.