Ive been working on my improv, could you guys check it out and let me know what you think?

The track name's Feeling Blue.

The drums are electronic, everything else is me.

Link: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/hitman_47/
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Last edited by hitman_47 at Nov 15, 2009,
Nice chord voicings, very moody, I liked that. You had some nice ideas with the lead too, but you need to work on your timing and bends. Also with an improv that goes on this long, you could make a little plan beforehand. Come up with a few melodic themes and build up on those. That would help the whole thing to sound a bit more structured instead of just being a monotonic showcase of endless random licks. A simple melodic theme or a riff between the pure improvisational sections would provide a good "homebase" for both you and the listener.
Quote by Jangster
Nice chord voicings, very moody, I liked that. You had some nice ideas with the lead too, but you need to work on your timing and bends. Also with an improv that goes on this long, you could make a little plan beforehand. Come up with a few melodic themes and build up on those. That would help the whole thing to sound a bit more structured instead of just being a monotonic showcase of endless random licks. A simple melodic theme or a riff between the pure improvisational sections would provide a good "homebase" for both you and the listener.

Thank you for the feedback, Ill keep that in mind. Its what I was struggling to do, but just couldnt put it together enough. Could you suggest some artists/bands that I could listen to?
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.