local guitar retailer just got in some neat looking transred and transblack washburns, with seymour duncan pups. 59' in neck and custom in bridge. my ibanez is losing intonation all over the place, probably due to the edge iii bridge. I was wondering if a swap while its still working might be a good idea.

my ibanez is an RG420EG, £425 new, a year old.

the new washburns are the Wi200, £250 new, made this year. SD pups.

good idea/bad idea?

http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/21_49/products_id/2025

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Hey man, I live in Hertford, small world. Anyway, I haven't played any of the Washburns but I highly doubt that they can be any better than your Ibanez if you pay for a decent set-up on it. You wouldn't happen to know how much they charge for a pickup swap at MachineHead would you?
It looks like a low end, bolt-on Washburn Idol. I say stay away.

Intonation problems? Set your guitar up.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
set it up twice in the space of two weeks. i wish someone told me about dodgy edge iiis before i bought it.

the price list is on this page

http://machinehead.co.uk/workshop.php

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

If it's bugging you that much, get a Tremol-no and block it off.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^Or get a new bridge.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Keep the RG and block the bridge. It should also be noted that many Edge III equipped guitars will take an Original Floyd Rose without much modification.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
says alot abou the quality of the washburn if they can sell it that cheap and have sd pups as standard for £250.........
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Nov 15, 2009,