Some of the amps I am looking at (Egnater Rebel, Marshall Haze, Blackstar Ht-5) come in either Half or Full stacks. Besides the obvious difference in price, are there any advantages/disadvantages to buying a full stack instead of a half stack?

Current Gear

Gibson Flying V
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Jackson Professional Dinky
Fender Blues Deluxe
Vox Vt30

Mad Effects
Disadvantages of Full stacks, is it's more trouble lugging it around, are we talking 4x12 cabs?
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
well the Egnater comes with two 1x12's, Haze comes with 1X12's, and if I wanted a Blackstar Ht-5 extension it would be a 1x12. So it looks like mostly 1x12's. Ill admit I'm not a cab expert so those numbers mean nothing to me lol, but I've heard 4x12's are better?

Current Gear

Gibson Flying V
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Jackson Professional Dinky
Fender Blues Deluxe
Vox Vt30

Mad Effects
4x12s - 4 speakers, bigger cab.
1x12s - 1 speaker, smaller cab.

They have their pros and cons, which I'm sure someone will come along and outline for you soon. I would, but it's 3am here, and I have uni papers to write.
4 speakers have more bass than 1 speaker, but I like 2x12 halfstack as they aren't a big problem to carry around.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
If you're just dealing in 1x12's then getting 2 cabs isn't too bad really.
Anything over than that and transport and weight issues start to make it a bit pointless.

A 4x12 isn't technically better than a 1x12 or a 2x12 or anything really it just depends on what you want. As Jak said there's more bass from the 4x12 but it's all subjective really.

With 2 1x12's you could (I think, not sure if the amps you're looking at allow it) run the amp in stereo which sounds pretty cool.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Well 4 speakers are going to sound bigger than 2, which will sound bigger than 1 you know?

2 speakers is usually what most people would call a healthy medium. You get 4x12ish bass response without throwing your back out lugging around a 4x12. For you, I'd just recommend buying the head and a seperate 2x12 combo. Check out Avatar cabinets or Tone Tubbys.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
or you could get this...

Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Different numbers of speakers offer different tonal properties. The more speakers you have, the smaller of a load each speaker will receive thus giving you more headroom.

Also, more speakers push more air and give you a fuller, bassier tone.