These damn telemarketers keep ringing me up and I CAN'T get rid of them.

I've already pretended not to speak English and I've also tried slamming the phone down.

Any ideas? Use your imagination!
Why don't you just google for a blacklisting site?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Does your country have a Do Not Call List?

I've also ended up reporting some numbers to the RCMP (the funny police in Canada who ride horses). There are laws in Canada about when they can call, how often, etc... not sure about where you live, though.
Quote by Kensai
Why don't you just google for a blacklisting site?

It's my mobile phone. Most lists don't cover them.
Tell them to fuck off / don't pick up unknown numbers.

Change your phone number.
next time they call you, act really really interested, and in the last minute, shout "DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS" and hang up.

that should do it.
Quote by flame843
Ask them for sex.

This.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Pretending not to speak English or being rude is obviously not going to be of any help. Unless there is only one person in a call centre, with only one number on his list, which happens to be yours. This is unlikely. Otherwise you are just wasting your time with multiple people, from multiple call centres, probably in multiple countries. Just say: "Sorry I'm not interested." and put the phone down.

If you are getting deluged with them, then you can phone BT and arrange for these calls to be blocked.
...Bleep Bloop...

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Tell them that either the person they're asking for died last week suspiciously or tell them he can't come to the phone right now because they're sucking you off.

Both have had good results for me and they tend not to call back
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Pretend you're a sex-line operator.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Act really interested to mess with them. When they brag about their vacuum cleaner prices you say "WOW THAT'S A REMARKABLE OFFER!" then they ask "So are you interested?" you say "NO!"
I heard that telemarketers weren't actually allowed to hang up, once upon a time, you had to do it for some reason. Both of these are absolutely true, friend's dad. Case 1:

"Hello, can I talk to you about the new blah blah insurance vacuum cleaner?"

"OK, let me just ask my wife."

Six hours later he just went back to the phone and hung it up.

Case 2:

"Hello, can I talk to you about..."

"Just before you do, let me talk to you about Jesus."

He read the Bible to the poor sod for an hour then just hung up.
Quote by Zomby Woof
Read them one of your threads.

wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Guys don't be rude to the telemarketers, it's just a job, they need to make bread just like everyone else.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
Guys don't be rude to the telemarketers, it's just a job, they need to make bread just like everyone else.

Yeah, but it's annoying when they call and you're eating the bread you made from working yourself.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Register with the telephone preferences service.

Register your mobile. I did and I get no phone calls from them. Its an offence for them to contact you if you are on that list. If they do contact you, inform them that you are on the telephone preferences list and they will have to remove you from their calling list.

Edit:

Heres the link

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
tell them to put you on thier do not call list, and that if they call again you will report them for harassment. I'm assuming that the UK has similar laws to the US regarding that sort of thing. Consider yourself lucky that you can do that though, I get a lot of those as well, only they are robocalls, which means I cant tell them to stop calling me.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
"Come on Leon, Leon I know it's you, Leon it's obvious you'd do something like this, I don't believe you Leon I'm going to hit you so hard when I see you"

Pretend you think it's your friend Leon calling as a joke.
Quote by woodenbandman

This. The Office (the American one) made me sympathetic towards them.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Say "Yes" to every question. Even if it's not a yes/no question. If they get angry or speak out of place ask to speak to their supervisor to complain about their approach to their customers.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Ask them if they are selling knives, chainsaws, heavy duty carpet cleaner, or sulfuric acid. Should freak them out if they catch on. Or ask them if they were/are phone.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Just say "I'm not interested, and I would like to be taken off your call list"
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.