Poll: What would you do given the opportunity?
Poll Options
View poll results: What would you do given the opportunity?
Take the million dollars and kill a stranger
31 40%
Ignore it and continue with your life
46 60%
Voters: 77.
So I saw the trailer for the new Richard Kelly movie, "The Box", and I was debating with myself whether I would kill a stranger by simply pressing a button for one million dollars or would I just ignore it and continue with my life as if nothing had happened.

I came to the conclusion that I probably wouldn't kill the stranger just incase it was a scientist who would have cured cancer (or something of that nature). The chances are I would have probably just killed an asshole but you never know.....

So, pit, what would you do and why?

Kill a stranger and take the million dollars or ignore it and continue with your life?
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
My house is worth a million dollars, so I wouldn't kill the guy.

currency exchange rates ftw
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
what you dont know can't hurt you.
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Press the button. As far as I'm concerned I just pressed a button and recieved 1mil for it.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Last edited by Finnepinne at Nov 15, 2009,
I'd press it. Since in the trailer it says someone you don't know, which makes the chance of any friends or family dying zero.
-

I'd have to know how they die.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
I'd have to know how they die.

I think the trailer said they just drop dead.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
One million dollars is not a lot of money. It would certainly make life better, but I'd bet that if you took the average American family and liquidated all of their assets, the total would come close to $1 million.

Now... one billion dollars? Ten billion dollars? It would be harder to walk away.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
guilt free conscience please. Im not an inhumane, mercenary twat.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
I may be an altruist, but I'm completely aware that ninety percent of the world would take a million dollars over my life, so I'd gladly return the favor.

And if it was someone I didn't know, they obviously couldn't be that important really.

AÆdit:
Quote by thankyougermany
One million dollars is not a lot of money. It would certainly make life better, but I'd bet that if you took the average American family and liquidated all of their assets, the total would come close to $1 million.

Now... one billion dollars? Ten billion dollars? It would be harder to walk away.

So...basically doubling their total worth is pointless?
Last edited by archangels666 at Nov 15, 2009,
I liked the plot of the story it was based on. The guy in a suit took the box back, and said he'd give it to "Someone they don't know"

Deal or No Deal?
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
I would press it, but what it looks like is that it would have a way of coming back and biting you in the ass, like by killing your familiy or something, but i'd press it anyway, i could buy a lot of guitars with that!

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by Mechanixx
guilt free conscience please. Im not an inhumane, mercenary twat.

This.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
A million bucks is a million bucks. My hand would be on that button before the guy finished explaining what it did.
I am the meek.

And I shall inherit the earth.
There's no circumstance under which i'd kill an innocent person, consider me like Harvey Dent before he got his face blown off. Except hopefully without the face blowing off part.
Quote by Zoot Allures
and looking at this poll confirms once again that people are pathetic. It's funny that looking at how many people would be willing to kill for money is almost enough justification to actually do it. Strange.

What if it were morally just to take the money?
For example, I would invest it smartly and make more, and then put it towards charity.
I'm not saying that it weighs out, who knows, but its certainly something to think about.
I'd press the button to kill a stranger.

If they drop dead it's painless - Otherwise they could die choking on Goatse, and that's worse.

I guess I just care about other humans. Unlike some of you monsters.
I'd press it.

Thousands of people drop dead every day; one more doesn't really make that much of a difference.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Oh screw it, give me a gun and a guarantee I won't get caught and I'd do it in person.

Guarantee not to get caught? Pssh, pussy.
Quote by dudetheman
I'd press it.

Thousands of people drop dead every day; one more doesn't really make that much of a difference.

It does if it's anyone close to you, or you.
I'd press the button just because it was there, never mind the cash or the dead stranger.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I'd probably kill someone who had a low life expectancy or who was going to die soon anyway. There's a tiny probability of killing anyone remotely significant. Sure, i'd feel guilty but i'd probably shake it off by giving away some to people who need it.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by aaciseric
There's no circumstance under which i'd kill an innocent person, consider me like Harvey Dent before he got his face blown off. Except hopefully without the face blowing off part.

They also say that if you don't press the button someone close to you dies.
Quote by Caleb B
What if you killed like...YNGWIE?!?! or something?

how do u kill God?

anyway, at first i was like yeah ill press the button, but then i thought... a million dollars really isnt much today. 10 million, yeah i probably would.