Hey all,

I recently decided that I was gonna help my buddy and his other band out because they bassist was being a douche and not showing up to practice. He was one of those guys that was more obsessed with being in a band than actually going to practice and being in the band. He also wasn't very good either so it isn't any big loss.

Anyways, I have bass equipment in the garage to use already but I want my own stuff. I've been planning to buy myself a bass for awhile now and this gives me an excuse to. I play guitar so all my money has been going to that lately.

I was thinking when I do have some extra cash to spend, I'd probably get the one of the Peavey Millenium 4-stringers. They look pretty nice and have gotten good reviews. My question for you guys is, what would make for a good practice amp so i could play at home?

I have basically no knowledge of bass equipment so I'm throwing myself to the mercy of the UG bass forum.

A combo would be fine. I wouldn't end up spending too much money on it so it doesn't have to be anything amazing. I would just like something so I can play amplified at home.

Thanks!
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
Can you get Ashdown amps in the USA? Their practise amps are quite good. Peavey's are also quite good when on a budget.
Yea I can get Ashdown amps here. They have a factory in Kentuky lol. But I was lloking at their stuff is a little too expensive. I bet they're nice though.

I was also looking at Peavey. I saw a couple amps that were in my price range.

Thanks for the quick answer btw.

Any other suggestions?
(Gear in profile)

Quote by whytefyre_hawk
Yea I can get Ashdown amps here. They have a factory in Kentuky lol. But I was lloking at their stuff is a little too expensive. I bet they're nice though.

I was also looking at Peavey. I saw a couple amps that were in my price range.

Thanks for the quick answer btw.

Any other suggestions?

Well, if Peavey make as good low budget practice amps for bass as they do with guitar amps, that'd be a good choice. Which Peavey though?
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
I also vote peavey, when I have to go to an acoustic rehearsal and obviously don't want to haul my gigging set up around I use my girlfriend's little 8inch peavey combo. Sounds fine, built pretty tough and loud enough to hear myself play.
I recommend a Ampeg BA115HPT Or the BA115.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
If its just for home practice maybe just use your guitar amp, at home volumes it should not be an issue
Thanks for all the replies guys!

Most of the suggestions you guys made are alittle out of my price range though.

Ill probably just find some little peavey somewhere.

Thanks again!
(Gear in profile)

Peavey, or if you can find a little Kustom KBA10, they're fantastic as well. Or an Acoustic B10.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
My Peavey microbass is great for home use and I am happy with a Kustom guitar practice amp.There are a couple of practice amps with built in drum machines which is a nice feature for practising bass but they might be a bit pricey.

As the guy said at low volumes your guitar amp will be ok for practising bass especially if it is a sealed cab
Orange makes excellent practice amps. They're fairly loud, sound great, and have a built in OD as an added bonus.
What is your budget?

I will agree for practice at home the KBA10 is good. The tone is not as stellar as their bigger brothers but they are loud and durable.