Page 1 of 479
Well, with the qualification stages almost over, I figure it's about the right time to start a dedicated thread.

Support? Predictions? Surprises? Thougts?

Obviously I'm backing England, as with everyone fully fit it's probably the strongest side we've had in a while, and Capello is undoubtedly a bloody good manager.
Saying that though, realistically I think Spain'll probably win overall, they look like the strongest side. And it's pretty much the same side that won Euro 2008, thus they're just going to have grown together as individual players and gelled even more solidly as a team.

Am going to be keeping an eye of Russia (if they qualify) and Ghana though; think they'll be the dark horses of this tournament.
Once again Scotland won't get a sniff of World Cup turf, i actually find myself laughing when we almost make it... then dont now.
Anyway i'll probably support England, unlike most idiot Scots i'd like to see them win again... assuming we can't do a damn thing about it lol.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by SomeEvilDude

Obviously I'm backing England, as with everyone fully fit it's probably the strongest side we've had in a while, and Capello is undoubtedly a bloody good manager.

With an endless stream of mediocre keepers, one good striker and a midfield who consistently struggle to play together? You won't win the world cup
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
I'm just wondering whether it'd be worth placing a bet that USA and North Korea get drawn in the same group.
As much as I'd like to say I'll be following England, I just know we'll never get past the semis, so I'll just keep an eye for the most entertaining teams... So, probably Brazil and Holland, then.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Spain definitely to win
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
I'm just hoping Ireland can get past France. Northern Ireland aren't there and I want an Irish team to support. Won't be supporting England, the massive media coverage and hype is enough to put anyone off.
I'm backing Germany to win it, Portugal (if they qualify) for the challenge, and South Korea for the fun.

I think Germany has a good chance to win it. I'd love to see an England vs Germany Final.

But Portugal should be able to kick England out before that ;D
I'll be supporting England 'til they're out, then i'll be supporting Holland until they're out. At which point i'll declare football a waste of time and wont watch it for several months.
I think holland has a good selection but for some reason i hope Spain wins (even tho i am from holland) Also Russia would be nice if they make it trough. And Servia or serbia, anyway the team with Lazovic, is pretty strong aswell they were better then France in the playoffs/poule.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Random88
With an endless stream of mediocre keepers, one good striker and a midfield who consistently struggle to play together? You won't win the world cup

When did I say England'll win? While you've got a point with the keepers, on form James is brilliant, and Green and Hart ain't too shabby.

Rooney, Defoe, Bent, Agbonlahor, Crouch. Doesn't seem like one good striker, and even though I accept Crouch is a shit player, he manages to score often enough.

Midfield is a problem not for playing together, but simply for choice. Gerrard, Lampard, Barry, Beckham, Joe Cole, Sean Wright-Phillips, Lennon, Walcott and probably a few others I'm forgetting. Come on, some of those players are easily among the current greats of football at what they do.
Last edited by SomeEvilDude at Nov 15, 2009,
I'll be supporting anyone who's playing against England as per usual....

And just incase
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
I'm betting Cameroon will do surprisingly well, and get to the semi-finals.
Quote by ctb
Come on San Marino!

They obviously didn't qualify silly, having only won one game in the entire history.
Cmon AUSSIES!!
Hopefully get into semi's against Italy again and this time not be cheated out by the dirty wogs diving anywhere within the box to get a penalty.
Quote by bulldozerbob
They obviously didn't qualify silly, having only won one game in the entire history.
Haha. I know they didn't get in. :P
Quote by ctb
Haha. I know they didn't get in. :P

I know you knew, I just felt like pointing you out on it so you didn't get bullied.
When did I say England'll win? While you've got a point with the keepers, on form James is brilliant, and Green ain't too shabby.

Rooney, Defoe, Bent, Agbonlahor, Crouch. Doesn't seem like one good striker, and even though I accept Crouch is a shit player, he manages to score often enough.

Midfield is a problem not for playing together, but simply for choice. Gerrard, Lampard, Barry, Beckham, Joe Cole, Sean Wright-Phillips, Lennon, Walcott and probably a few others I'm forgetting. Come on, some of those players are easily among the current greats of football at what they do.
Rooney's good, the rest are average. The fact that none of all Englands strikers, only one plays for a top 4 team should tell you something.

As for the midfield, yes, you do have some of the worlds best midfielders in there, but it's been like that for ages and the problem has been playing them together (the classic example being with Gerrard and Lampard)
FALKIRK

Quote by Minkaro

Check out my Tunes
Quote by bulldozerbob
I know you knew, I just felt like pointing you out on it so you didn't get bullied.
I was gutted with the result between ireland and france.

We started the game so strongly, and we dominated the first half and the first 10 mins or so of the second
random USA guy strolls in: USA FTW!!!

but seriously I'll be supporting Italy and anyone who plays against Portugal and Brazil.
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

Quote by Random88
Rooney's good, the rest are average. The fact that none of all Englands strikers, only one plays for a top 4 team should tell you something.

As for the midfield, yes, you do have some of the worlds best midfielders in there, but it's been like that for ages and the problem has been playing them together (the classic example being with Gerrard and Lampard)

The bitterness is strong with this one
You gonna bark all day little doggie?
Quote by jimmy_neutron
I was gutted with the result between ireland and france.

We started the game so strongly, and we dominated the first half and the first 10 mins or so of the second

Me too Really hoping for an Ireland win though I know plenty of people who want them out lol.
Quote by ytse Jammer
The bitterness is strong with this one

Not really. England are way better than Scotland, that's just a fact. All I'm saying is that England aren't a world-class team. They'll do what they always do; get to the quarters (maybe semis) then get put out on penalties
FALKIRK

Quote by Minkaro

Check out my Tunes
Quote by Random88
Not really. England are way better than Scotland, that's just a fact. All I'm saying is that England aren't a world-class team. They'll do what they always do; get to the quarters (maybe semis) then get put out on penalties

Euro 2004...World Cup 2006...

Good times.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
North Korea FTW!!!!!

Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Philip_pepper
Euro 2004...World Cup 2006...

Good times.

...Euro 96...World Cup 98...World Cup 90

(is just jealous cos Scotland have never even made it to a game where we COULD be knocked out on penalties)
FALKIRK

Quote by Minkaro

Check out my Tunes
Quote by kingbabyduck
random USA guy strolls in: USA FTW!!!

but seriously I'll be supporting Italy and anyone who plays against Portugal and Brazil.

When it comes around, I'll support whoever I fall in love with in the pools

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by St. Angry
youre right. i just checked the dvd i have agian and it is in D standard. i dont think Metallica has ever done a song in drop D, or drop C for that matter.

^Check his username again
Quote by Random88

Well, while it's a fairly good indicator, playing for a top 4 team doesn't equal being good. Bent has been on brilliant form for Sunderland, and Defoe's always shone for Tottenham. Hell, a lot of that is down to the huge amount of foreig players - not that I object - that are flatly better, in English football that the better teams snap up.

Gerrard/Lampard worked well when Capello used the former on the left-wing, and kept Lampard right-central. Obviously with Cole back from injury, that'll pose a problem, yeah, but that's just the way it goes, there are plenty of options which Capello will definately explore.

Probably England's main problem is defensively; no decent right back, and Ferdinand is coming off form unfortunately.
Right of Gatusso who is that guy? Everybody knows him and me to, but the only thing I know is that he plays for Ac Milan
Quote by Holy Katana

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Henkdemachtige
Right of Gatusso who is that guy? Everybody knows him and me to, but the only thing I know is that he plays for Ac Milan

To Gatusso's right? Pretty sure it's Del Piero and I thought he played for Juve, at least he did.
Pirlo, yes thats him, sorry if i confused the ^^ with THEIR right.
Quote by Holy Katana

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Argentina > Italy > German > Spain i shall support in that order
Guitar - Music Man John Petrucci X

Amp - Ronald cube 60, willing be getting a Mark V soon
I will always cheer on the USA. And they have a legitimate shot this time. They had a very good showing in the knockout stage of the Confederation Cup. ( I'll admit, they were lucky to advance to the second stage) But if they play the way they did against Spain and the first half against Brazil, they could go far into the tournament. I will also cheer for Italy, because Buffon is amazing.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
Quote by WaitWhat?
I'll be supporting anyone who's playing against England as per usual....

+1

"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Random88

even if thats your opinion and you think england are crap, surely that means scotland are a disgrace then. haha. atleast england have a better team

but i think england might surprise a few this year and probly could be real contenders if everyone is fit
however i think other main contenders will be brazil, holland and spain
Quote by rabidguitarist
Nothing gay about playing with another mans dick. I bet all of you play with your own.

he just owned everybody

Gary(L)Kirsty-Lea<3

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be deeply missed. You truely are a hero and a pioneer in metal