I have my Talon wired up like this, and whenever I touch the volume or tone pots, I get a loud buzzing. In place of the volume knob, I have a Shadow SH124 killpot, wired as show here
http://www.shadow-electronics.com/doc/pro_pdf1/en-GB/Manual_SH_124_international.pdf
Sound comes out of all pickups, just this horrible buzzing is made whenever the pots are touched. They do seem to be properly grounded ( I have a big clump of all ground wires, including the one from the trem claw all soldered together and covered in electrical tape.)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
bump
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
if you have foinl on the4 back of the pickguard or control cavity (and it touches the pots) remove all the wires connecting each pot casing (basically wire all grounds exactly as you see in that diagram).
Quote by Invader Jim
if you have foinl on the4 back of the pickguard or control cavity (and it touches the pots) remove all the wires connecting each pot casing (basically wire all grounds exactly as you see in that diagram).

There is foil on the back of the pickguard, where the pots touch it. I have my grounds all somewhere in the middle, but connected to the ground of the volume and tone, so you are saying that I should ground them all on the volume instead of just having a wire run from that to the main ground?
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Ground everything to the back of the volume. The pots are contacting with the foil, so they are already connected; no need for wires there. What you're doing is removing ground loops, which are a cause for noise.

aalso make sure the jack is wired correctly. Hot to tip and ground to sleeve. do you know which lug is which?
Quote by Invader Jim
Ground everything to the back of the volume. The pots are contacting with the foil, so they are already connected; no need for wires there. What you're doing is removing ground loops, which are a cause for noise.

aalso make sure the jack is wired correctly. Hot to tip and ground to sleeve. do you know which lug is which?

yes, I certainly have the jack wired correctly. I will check out to see if I have ground loops tomorrow.
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Jim, thanks a lot, turned out I had the ground all grounded to the point on the pot's "ground" listed on teh schematic, but had to attach that to the casing on the outside, and all is well!
Thanks for all of your help,
Jeff
91 Heartfield Talon II-/