Ok, I have a SERIOUS problem, and I need you guys to help me. I am in a band with 2 guitarists, a bassist, and a drummer. I am the singer, but I can play guitar, too, though. We are all 13, going to the same school. The problem is, at the end of the school year, I am moving to Michigan (from Atlanta). Should I keep with my band and just email different song ideas to each other, or should I just completely give up on my band at the end of the school year and start a new one in Michigan?
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Quote by GoIrish668
Ok, I have a SERIOUS problem, and I need you guys to help me. I am in a band with 2 guitarists, a bassist, and a drummer. I am the singer, but I can play guitar, too, though. We are all 13, going to the same school. The problem is, at the end of the school year, I am moving to Michigan (from Atlanta). Should I keep with my band and just email different song ideas to each other, or should I just completely give up on my band at the end of the school year and start a new one in Michigan?

You could try to be in a band, but I don't know how it'd go. I'd just start fresh in Michigan.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Start a new one.

You're just thirteen, opportunities will spring up for you. Kudos for being in a band you enjoy at thirteen though. Just carry on with your band until you leave, they're your friends so just jam with them.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by isabiggles
Start a new one.

You're just thirteen, opportunities will spring up for you. Kudos for being in a band you enjoy at thirteen though. Just carry on with your band until you leave, they're your friends so just jam with them.

Definitely this.
agreed

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
You'll have to give up the old band, and make a new one. You're in a good position to do this because not many 13 year olds I know have band experience.

Besides playing guitar will make you super cool in your new school. Worked for me when I moved schools.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
It's not a serious problem. It is actually an opportunity I would grasp to get to play with some more musicians. It's going to be hard to maintain a band over a long distance as it, IMO, takes more commitment to keep together. So by all means keep the band together and try and do some stuff like an online band or just get together and jam once in a while, if possible. Don't however, pin all your hopes on your first band staying together. Take this opportunity and broaden your horizons.
Quote by Myshadow46_2
It's not a serious problem. It is actually an opportunity I would grasp to get to play with some more musicians. It's going to be hard to maintain a band over a long distance as it, IMO, takes more commitment to keep together. So by all means keep the band together and try and do some stuff like an online band or just get together and jam once in a while, if possible. Don't however, pin all your hopes on your first band staying together. Take this opportunity and broaden your horizons.
+1
Dude, seriously, you are 13. Unless you are the Jonas Brothers, then there will be other bands. Take the experience that you garnered with your current band, tell them thanks, and move on. 11 years ago when I was your age I thought the same thing and got all worked up when things started changing like that, but then if things hadn't changed, I would have never got to be in any other bands that were infinitely better.

tl;dr - dont sweat it, you're 13. There are other bands.
Quote by xxdarrenxx

You know music is like 100% sound right?

Affordable prices on Logo designs and band merch. PM me for details.

Obligatory band link \/
www.myspace.com/resetred