I just got a new amp, and then it's on either of it's distortion channels it gives off a buzz when there's no notes being playing on the guitar. It doesn't happen when I unplug then cable. and it happens on all my guitars. And I've had it on my other amps before at times too.

Any suggestions as to what might eliminate this? Could it be where i am in my house or something?
Divider (Prog/Ambient Metal)

Guitars:
LTD TE-202
Schecter Sunset Extreme
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Crunch Lab & LiquiFire
Tanglewood Acoustic
Epiphone Acoustic (The Junker)
From my own personal experience, every distortion (onboard amp distortion, effects pedals, etc.) produces a certain amount of noise when you're not playing.

Solution? A noise gate/supressor.

EDIT:
Quote by ethan_hanus
Could be where your at, or it could be a bad cable. Try a different cable and relocate to a different spot, and turn off all electronics.

If it doesn't happen when he unplugs the cable, i doubt that it could be due to the place where the amp is located...
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Nov 15, 2009,
What guitar are you using? If it's a single-coiled peice, aim away from the amp. (You'll still get buzz, but not as much.) Also, turn down the gain, hold your strings when you're not playing. There is a lot of things that can give off buzz or hum, it's usually to do with how you're handling your instrument. If you've got the gain also, cranked up to a million, it's probably going to hum either-way.

If you had a tube amp.. (non-printed circuit board.) you could twist a certain little screw..
it is tube, it's a bugera 333. Its not listed on my profile thing yet.

and i've used all my guitars. which all have humbuckers
Divider (Prog/Ambient Metal)

Guitars:
LTD TE-202
Schecter Sunset Extreme
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Crunch Lab & LiquiFire
Tanglewood Acoustic
Epiphone Acoustic (The Junker)
Last edited by Capataincrunch at Nov 15, 2009,