Page 1 of 4
So I watched Twilight last night mainly so I would have some backing when ripping into it, but it is not the worst film ever (as I had previously proposed). However hilariously I disliked Bella and Ed immensely throughout and found their 'relationship' pretentious and unbelievable.
But that's not what this thread is about, me and a mate of mine were trying to think of a vampire film which is less, well lame for the lack of a better word. Just a badass Vampire film and we couldn't think of one apart from Blade.
So pit, can you think of any really cool vampire films?
30 Days of Night
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Van Helsing
Dracula (the hammer version)

EDIT: Twilight is actually good. People who have a go at it are just jealous of how popular it is with girls
Last edited by shmikeyboy at Nov 15, 2009,
Quote by shmikeyboy
EDIT: Twilight is actually good. People who have a go at it are just jealous of how popular it is with girls

No it really isn't. The books are poorly written, the characters are terrible and the story is predictable at best. That said I did enjoy the first one.

Better vampire movies:

Underworld series
Blade series
Vampire Hunter D (and ~: Bloodlust)
Blood: The Last Vampire
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Interview with the Vampire

That's all I can think of right now, I know there are more though.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Nov 15, 2009,
I don't see how anyone could like 30 days of night. It was most definitely 100% worse than twilight.
SUP
Night Watch and Day Watch

And the Twilight film isn't that great, the books are good though, and I hope the New Moon film is alot better.

SONISPHERE was amazing!
GORILLAZ 12th November

I want to go back to Zimababwe

XBL: Marblesss
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
I love it when all the vampires go into 'flight position' whenever they're angry.

i immediately thought, 'Westside Story'
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
No it really isn't. The books are poorly written, the characters are terrible and the story is predictable at best. That said I did enjoy the first one.

Admittedly it would have been better if they actually fought at the end, but I still think the plotline was good, and the alternative view of vampires was interesting
so in Spanish class last year we watched basically every movie thats PG or G, in Spanish w/ English subtitles. half the time i was asleep unless it was Toy Story or something badass. we saw Twilight and i was like hmmm im interested, its supposed to take place in a town in my state.

they started playing vampire baseball and thats when i was like no. just no.
Quote by Marblesss
Night Watch and Day Watch

And the Twilight film isn't that great, the books are good though, and I hope the New Moon film is alot better.

I doubt New Moon will be anything more than a pathetic excuse to string together scenes involving guys with no shirts on climbing into girls bedrooms and hilariously transforming into wolves when sparkly people start hissing at them.
Quote by shmikeyboy
Admittedly it would have been better if they actually fought at the end, but I still think the plotline was good, and the alternative view of vampires was interesting

Being what? Vampires just trying to live as humans and make it in the normal world? Because that's NEVER been done before
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Lost Boys
From Dusk Till Dawn
John Carpenter's Vampires
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by mmm cookie
I don't see how anyone could like 30 days of night. It was most definitely 100% worse than twilight.

How is a movie about vampires killing people in a town in alaska that is in complete darkness for 30 days worse then a sappy love story? 30 Days of Night was, in my opinion, one of the best vampire movies. It stayed interesting through out it and the action was pretty good. Plus the ending was one of the best endings I've seen.
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
I thought John Carpenter's Vampires was a great movie.
guitars
Mansfield electric HSS
bravo acoustic
amp
Traynor TS-25
effects
Fab Distortion

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
Quote by Random3
I doubt New Moon will be anything more than a pathetic excuse to string together scenes involving guys with no shirts on climbing into girls bedrooms and hilariously transforming into wolves when sparkly people start hissing at them.

Yeah :/
But I hate Robert Pattinson and there's alot less of him in the book and alot more Taylor which should make the film atleast a bit better.

SONISPHERE was amazing!
GORILLAZ 12th November

I want to go back to Zimababwe

XBL: Marblesss
Quote by kxy1992
How is a movie about vampires killing people in a town in alaska that is in complete darkness for 30 days worse then a sappy love story? 30 Days of Night was, in my opinion, one of the best vampire movies. It stayed interesting through out it and the action was pretty good. Plus the ending was one of the best endings I've seen.

I wouldn't quite go that far, but 30 Days is certainly a lot better than Twilight.

30 Days of Night - 6/10
Twilight - 2/10
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Being what? Vampires just trying to live as humans and make it in the normal world? Because that's NEVER been done before

I mean the sparkling in the sun instead of burning up
For some reason, my 17 year old brother is obsessed with that movie. Has a bunch of posters, walks around with fangs in, even dresses all goth like a vampire is suppose to look. He even named out new kitteh bella....it really pisses me off...
GO RED WINGS!!!
Quote by shmikeyboy

Sounds a bit gay.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by AcdcKicksAss
For some reason, my 17 year old brother is obsessed with that movie. Has a bunch of posters, walks around with fangs in, even dresses all goth like a vampire is suppose to look. He even named out new kitteh bella....it really pisses me off...

If he's looking for a boyfriend point him my way

I mean....

oh nevermind
Quote by Random3
I wouldn't quite go that far, but 30 Days is certainly a lot better than Twilight.

30 Days of Night - 6/10
Twilight - 2/10

To each their own. I liked how it wasn't entirely perfect.

And to technicolour,
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by shmikeyboy

Oh yes, taking away the one major weakness of vampires makes the book so interesting.

And sparkling doesn't contradict the hallmark, grimdark brooding nature of vampires at all. Nope.

EDIT: Anne Rice's books are similar to Twilight, but they're at least decently written.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Nov 15, 2009,
The Underworld Series were definitely badass and i liked 30 Days of Night also
Underworld 1+2, theres the whole love story, but with alot more killing, chopping off of heads, werewolves that dont look like proportionally larger dogs (like in the New Moon trailer), and all around badassery. And Selene is way hotter than Bella.

Edit:
Quote by technicolour
Blade is the epitome of badass vampire movies.

My good sir, I bestow this clapstack upon you, even if you did not shoop the picture yourself.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by smartalec007 at Nov 15, 2009,
count blacula

(Invalid img)
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
FROM DUSK TIL DAWN.

watch it it'll change your life.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by stephen_rettie
no, it was really gay.

the worst part is, ed's all like "you shouldn't like at me in the sunlight, It reveals our true form."

And I'm thinking, "ah yes, some grotesque monster under all that hot manliness."

And then he fucking sparkles. "oh, how hideous, he shines and shimmers like a luminescent diamond...yes, what a terrible sight to behold...I don't why you'd want anyone else to have to suffer seeing that"

Also, for anyone who is interested, there's a new werewolf and vampire movie coming out in acouple months.
Last edited by technicolour at Nov 15, 2009,
Let The Right One In is pretty damn good.

On the subject of Twilight, Ive only seen the first movie, and while I certainly didnt enjoy it for good reasons (acting, etc was pretty laughable), Ive definitely seen much worse movies.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Regardless of what you all think about the Twilight movies/books/story/portrayal of vampires, etc.
You have to admit one thing. It did EXACTLY what a book/movie/"good"fiction is supposed to do: IT ROCKED THE BOAT.
Because of it, our entire popular culture now has an admittedly different view of vampires (for better or for worse), and it shook up the traditional idea of what a vampire actually is by making the whole concept fit into a modern reality where (with some stretch of the imagination) they might possibly really exist.

Personally, I think that the whole series is "alright".
I've read all the books and seen the first movie.
It's not great, by any means of my definition of the word.
I've read several vampire books since that have been worlds better, but I don't mindlessly hate on twilight, and I often find that the people who do either know NOTHING about it, or are simply biased. Very few have valid reasoning to back themselves up with.
HOWEVER, I also get rather peeved when I run into the "fan-girls" and "fan-boys" (although there's about 3 of those in the world).
Obsession with it is no better than mindlessly hating on it.
Anyways, those are my two cents
Salem's Lot > Twilight
In fact, Life Force(which is basically about space vampires from space) is better than Twilight, too. But it does have bewbies.
Quote by MightyAl
Life Force(which is basically about space vampires from space)

Holy shit, I need to see this movie
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Page 1 of 4