Right, well up untill now i've been using the pretty standard, 9-42 gauge ernie ball super slinkys. But, I thought i'd have a change, seeing as i'm starting to get into using other tunings and stuff. I was just gunna get a set of 10s, but they didn't have any in the shop, and I ended up getting a set of ernie ball skinny top heavy bottoms.

They're gauges are 10, 13, 17, 30, 42, 53. Now, i'm not sure on this, but I know that going from 42 to 52 is a pretty big change. The guy in the shop told me, if it doesen't play well, to bring it in and they can set it up.

But, I would just like to know, if putting on these strings, could cause any kind of danger or damage to the guitar. It's a Washburn X50 Pro, which for those of you who don't know, has a fixed tune-o-matic bridge. I was just wondering if it's putting stress on the neck or anything like that. I'll probably be using E standard tuning, drop D, and drop C.

Thanks in advance,

~Sean.
Your guitar should be able to handle that string gauge just fine. The only thing you should have to do is adjust your intonation.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King