Hey I'm learning Sweet Child O' Mine and I was wondering how do I get that perfect sweet tone that Slash has. Playing the intro it just sound like I got too much Crunch, then when I try to clean it up it sounds too clean. All I got to work with is, a crappy Behringer Guitar and a crappy Behringer 10 watt V-tone amp. I know they suck. I got the guitar down to Eb tuning also. I got two distortion pedals and I got a chrous pedal but it's a pain in the balls to make work. Can someone please list the things I might need or the settings I might have to put my amp on.

EX: Calif,Hot,Us
Low 10 med 9 high 8

Or the two tones my guitar needs to be set two I'd really appreciate it.
a gibson les paul
a marshall stack
seymour duncan neck pickup
patience
this signature has my gear in it. nothing more, nothing less

Gear
Ibanez S770PB
Jackson Rhoads
Custom Strat
Agile Al 3100
Rainbow Music Shop Custom Les Paul
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Spider III
Quote by fretboard12
^^^^^^

patience get it guns & roses.

well i thought it was funny

You like it
Yeah, neck pickup, a sort of bluesy tone with a little crunch. Take note that slash's purpose was to have sort of a bluesy tone in the intro, these are the settings:

Bass: 8
Mid: 5
Treble: 7
Drive: 8
Chan. Volume: any
Effects: none
Reverb: 3

Again, I must state to first have a bluesy tone.
Last edited by anderseb at Nov 15, 2009,
Quote by JayLacelle
i just told you. read b4 you post.

Can u explain it as though it is to someone who has never heard of any of it before...
Quote by fishstickrocker
Can u explain it as though it is to someone who has never heard of any of it before...

flick the switch on your guitar in the direction of the neck. then turn the tone knobs on your guitar to 0. turn the volume knobs on your guitar to ten. then crank the gain to as high as your amp can go.
Try releasing the note you last played as you play the next one so that the notes don't crash into each other.
Quote by Shadow650
Try releasing the note you last played as you play the next one so that the notes don't crash into each other.

I know that but. Thanks for trying it's just the way my amp is making it sound I'm positive that I'm hitting everything note for note and I am letting go of the string and not letting them all run together.
Quote by fishstickrocker
Is a reverb a pedal thingy?

Reverb can be a typical setting on an amplifier and can often be found in multi effects pedals (ie. Digitech RP250).

You can use a reverb pedal if you don't have the setting on an amplifier or a multi effects pedal.
What's the gain, you mean Drive or wat? Also what about the low med high thingy

drive and gain are the same thing.low,mid,and high are different knobs on an amp.
GENERIC SIGNATURE
Quote by anderseb
Yeah, neck pickup, a sort of bluesy tone with a little crunch. Take note that slash's purpose was to have sort of a bluesy tone in the intro, these are the settings:

Bass: 8
Mid: 5
Treble: 7
Drive: 8
Chan. Volume: any
Effects: none
Reverb: 3

Again, I must state to first have a bluesy tone.

"little crunch"? slash used massive amounts of gain for this song.

and bluesy tone is a warm suttle OD, not a high-gain stack cranked to 10.
Last edited by JayLacelle at Nov 23, 2009,