so instead of that amp which some of you might know that i was going to get im going to get a peadl or two (the reason is my parents dont want me to get a new amp yet and i do not feel like i deserve one yet...i want to wait till im a bit better)

right now my equipment is : squier star, boss ds-1, fender frontman 10 (do not say anything about this...i know its not a good amp and im going to get another in summer, focus on the pedals)

i was thinking about a multi effects to get loads of effects but their arent that good, so im stuck between those and stomp boxes
i play nirvana, pearl jam, rhcp, led zeppelin, muse and hendrix (gonna try hendrix anyway )...i was thinking i should get either a wah, a chorus, or maybe one of the new boss pedals...the legend series (need to look up about those), but i think they might get me a better sound until i get a better amp.

any ideas of what i should get?
I think that at the point you're at in your guitar 'career' a multi-fx unit wouldn't be a bad idea. When i had been playing for a while i got my ME50 (which i'm now selling) and it really helped me understand different effects, what i wanted and was also something i could have a lot of fun with.

I'm not gna lie, not all of the features are quality, but it does cover all bases and is great to learn on.
Quote by TubeAmp89
get your ds1 modded by keeley?

how do i do that...its pretty expensive to ship to the usa if i need to do that...i live in europe
this is meant to be a present so id rather have a new pedal but ill look into it although i doubt ill manage
well what do you think you NEED?

Chorus is kind of a shimmery pretty sound that sounds great on clean

Wah is a kindof humanistic "wah-wah" sound(duhh)

I like a little flanger to spice up some heavier gain and cleans

Delay and reverb are great too, my reverb is ALWAYS on, makes you sound fuller

An overdrive pedal would be great, I likes the tubescreamer by ibanez, and somesort of fuzz for jimi.

Pearljam used wah in a few of their solos, I'm getting one soonish
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
where in europe are you based? multi-fx units aren't that heavy and there should be places that will ship internationally to you OR there'll be places in your country which will sell them...

and the guy above, i don't think he's made of money. A tubescreamer is over £100, you can pick up a used multi-fx for about the same!
I understand that lol!

I'm just giving suggestions, multi-fx are great, j have a pod 2.0, I can coax any sound I want out of that thing, minus wah.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
the thing is that i need most of them and i dont have enough money to get them all (i eventually will) so which one should i get first

the me50 looks amazing but wow thats expensive...i would rather not spend above $125, which i know greatly limits my choice the amp i was meant to get was already expensive enough, i would prefer if this was just an extra...any other good multi effects out there?
Quote by Duv
I think that at the point you're at in your guitar 'career' a multi-fx unit wouldn't be a bad idea. When i had been playing for a while i got my ME50 (which i'm now selling) and it really helped me understand different effects, what i wanted and was also something i could have a lot of fun with.

I'm not gna lie, not all of the features are quality, but it does cover all bases and is great to learn on.

this.

of course, some are better than others, but getting one of those (even a crappy one) early in my career was one of the best things that ever happened to me. i learned a lot about the effects i liked, disliked, and used too much. also, it helped me learn what i wanted/didn't want in future pedals.
get a second hand boss gt pedal. doesn't matter which one.

It'll be more versatile and a lot cheaper than buying stomp box pedals

EDIT: since you're on a budget I suggest the gt-3

I bought it when it just came out and I use it still
Last edited by ComradSputnik at Nov 15, 2009,
Quote by '93
how do i do that...its pretty expensive to ship to the usa if i need to do that...i live in europe
this is meant to be a present so id rather have a new pedal but ill look into it although i doubt ill manage

Just google the Seeing Eye Mod; you can do it yourself with $5 worth of parts from an electronics store.

That said, your best bet is to just tough it out with your current gear and save money for a new amp; it sucks in the short term, but it will prevent you from buying an "eh" amp now and then having to save up even more money later.
The problem here is, fuzz + cheap SS amps can sound awful. But when you upgrade the amp it will sound good.

If you want a good distortion that'll do well on your current amp and on an upgrade. Blackstar HT-Dist, it's a damn awesome pedal really brings cheap SS to life.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

well if i can do it for $5 then consider it done

are there any ditech/behringer multi effects which are good...a place next to me has them and quite a selection
boss here is a bit expensive, like 150 euro for a stomp box expensive (rather not say where for secutrity reasons) but ill check ebay about world wide shipping...maybe i can ship from some online shop intead

i like boss pretty much though so ill try to one of those...the metal casing is grat imo

but i might be able to get one of thses...any suggestions
http://www.digitech.com/multieffects.php
or are any of these cheap?
http://www.bossus.com/gear/productlist.php?ParentId=248

thing is around my area second hand is not popular, and i dont really like it anyway

rigth now im more preparing for my next amp which will be tube so think about both SS and tube amp compatability
Quote by '93
well if i can do it for $5 then consider it done

are there any ditech/behringer multi effects which are good...a place next to me has them and quite a selection
boss here is a bit expensive, like 150 euro for a stomp box expensive (rather not say where for secutrity reasons) but ill check ebay about world wide shipping...maybe i can ship from some online shop intead

i like boss pretty much though so ill try to one of those...the metal casing is grat imo

but i might be able to get one of thses...any suggestions
http://www.digitech.com/multieffects.php
or are any of these cheap?
http://www.bossus.com/gear/productlist.php?ParentId=248

thing is around my area second hand is not popular, and i dont really like it anyway

rigth now im more preparing for my next amp which will be tube so think about both SS and tube amp compatability

I've always hated digitech multi effects pedals, they sound too (pardon the pun) digital for my taste. The Boss GT-8 is pretty nice from my experience with it.
Quote by wesselbindt

Why?

you know the whole...a guy who just starts driving doesnt get the ferrari?
while ive been over a year playing (agaust last year) i only recently got my electric and if i change anything id feel like the original amp was a waste

ill look into the boss gt8...saved up quite a bit of money, i mmight be able to get it

looked it up...$400...way too much

about the digitech i thought as much, seem to computery if you know what i mean
Last edited by '93 at Nov 15, 2009,
How long are you waiting for your new amp?
Seems to me the money you want to spend on pedals could speed up the process of buying the amp
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

im going to buy it early summer...decided that dont want it before
id have a year using the fender so it would have been worth it imo...plus i like feeling that ive earn stuff...it would be just after exams
I know you're probably going to want to acquire as much gear as possible even if it's not quality, but you shouldn't be throwing your money at multi-effects pedals. It's a waste.

Just save up for the tube amp and everything else should fall into place. Most effects are extremely impractical.
I play guitar
point taken
but i think that i will get a multi effects...just to have some effects, the basics, get a good amp and then start getting stomp boxes to replace the multi effects

its not that i dont have money its that i dont want to spend the money so its not like later on replacing stuff would be a problem its just that for now there are many songs which i cant do properly because i lack wah or chorus or delay and they dont sound good
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHXVAMP
http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=894&ParentId=248
http://www.digitech.com/products/Multi-Effects/RP255.php

the first one seems a bi confusing with many uneeded things like amp simulation
the second is a bit too expensive but seems good
the third also has a bit of useless stuff but is cheap

i guess the boss would be my first choice but ill have to look for it
any other ideas please
Quote by '93
you know the whole...a guy who just starts driving doesnt get the ferrari?
while ive been over a year playing (agaust last year) i only recently got my electric and if i change anything id feel like the original amp was a waste

When I was playing for a year I had already bought myself another guitar and an amp(the ones I'm currently using), and I bought it using only money I had earned myself. If you can make the money yourself, you deserve it.
Quote by wesselbindt
When I was playing for a year I had already bought myself another guitar and an amp(the ones I'm currently using), and I bought it using only money I had earned myself. If you can make the money yourself, you deserve it.

point taken...but right now since im not working the only thing i have to count on is my playing skils and how i do at school
next year though from my summer job ill be getting new stuff

what i was trying to say was tha i would feel it is a waste on me...for now, the reason why i dont feel like i deserve it