yup, I'm looking for an OD and new speaker for my peavey classic 30.

i play hard rock and my two favorites are QOTSA and GNR

For the speaker, i'm looking for something more agressive and something with more response to EQ settings. it seems like the blue marvel i have doesnt really sound much different with EQ tweaks. I can spend about 100-130 dollars. I would like to spent the least i can as long as it sounds better than the Blue Marvel. oh i use cleans alot too

For the OD, I'm just looking to add a litte more bite to my lead channel. The main thing i'm looking for is something that doesnt suck tone. I would like my amp to sound basically the same but just more agressive. I have about 100 bucks to spend on it and i would prefer to buy used.

any suggestions?
Boss DS-1 works well for OD with tube amps.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
I put a Celestion G12T-75 in mine, and i think it sounds great, the stock is trash, so good choice, alot of people like the Vintage 30. Webers are also nice and you aren't paying for the name.

I've been impressed by the ModTone DynoDrive, but I haven't played with one that much

James
Quote by IronFeliks
I put a Celestion G12T-75 in mine, and i think it sounds great, the stock is trash, so good choice, alot of people like the Vintage 30. Webers are also nice and you aren't paying for the name.

I've been impressed by the ModTone DynoDrive, but I haven't played with one that much

James

how does the G12-75 contrast to the vinatge 30?
i've heard vintage 30's are very bassy and geared towards metal...im not really wanting something that thick i dont think