Hey there bass forum. Recently my bass has had that clanky noise when i play and I was wondering if I can do something with my EQ to fix it. I do NOT want the clanky sound. If there is nothing I can do because it's because of my bass (Traben Phoenix 5-string) then I guess that's ok. I would like my sound to be like the bass in this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiiQMjPPRt0.

In case this matters it's mainly on my B and E strings.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Try raising your action or hitting the strings softer. The clank your talking about is most likely the sound of the string hitting the frets.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
yea i got it now thanks
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

if youre looking for an eq fix, try cutting your trebble
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
I dont think it will be necessary to raise your action unless your strings are buzzing uncontrollably. This sounds like a technique issue, try plucking with a light touch. Try plucking at different positions, you'll find you get less clack by playing closer to the bridge.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Yea i raised the action a tiny but which helped a little then i noticed that my trebble was very high (why i normally don't let my friends mess with my amp ). Anyway I got it sorted out now