I just realized why white people think asian and blacks all look the same

Page 1 of 2
and not the same as each other either

I think white people think black people and Asians all look the same because for the most part, they all have the same hair and eye colour

its true isnt it? most Asians and Blacks by far have black hair/brown eyes statistically, why couldnt it be?

I dunno, why do you think people are racist?
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
jesus, i thought threads couldnt get any stupider.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

im white and dont think asians or black people all look the same as each other...

Oh gosh, sometimes I love the pit..

This is not one of those times.
LOVE ANTHONY GREEN?
Quote by sneyob
I am slightly disappointed =w=eeze took me out of his sig.

But that's okay.

^Consolation Sig
I used to think some black people in films looked the same, then I realised it was the same actor.
EDIT: Sorry read the OP wrong. XD

I thought you meant Asians look like Blacks.

No I don't think all Blacks and Asians look the same.
Last edited by Pagan_Poetry at Nov 15, 2009,
Quote by So-Cal
I used to think some black people in films looked the same, then I realised it was the same actor.

Will Smith?
Quote by So-Cal

nice one
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Pointless thread is pointless to the umpteenth degree!
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

sometimes in movies they may look similar, but I've also gotten other white people mixed up before too so...
i dont see what this is getting at
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Im waiting for Al Sharpton to make a UG account just for this lol
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Quote by theogonia777
white people all look alike too.

Not really.
We have Blonde, Black, Brown and *Shudder* Ginger naturally occurring hair colours coupled with Blue, Brown, Green and Black naturally occurring eye colours.

I love all the denial in this thread to avoid appearing Racist
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Your on the right track. A nice amount would come from the idea that there is less variation between japanese for instance. I, being part Japanese myself, can tell the difference between someone who is mien, viet, chinese, japanese, etc. There are minor differences that you end up becoming accustomed to. But you are on the right track. The fact is that in "White" people there is a whole lot more variation in hair color, nose, mouth, chin, shoulders, hair type. Asians mostly have the same hair and eye color. And you will see less defined differences in things such as eyes and skin color. You have to be used to it to see it. I dont think its wrong to think it, it just shows that you haven't been able to become accustomed to it.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
I don't agree with you I'm afraid.

I think the reason why it may be hard to differentiate people of a different race is because of the same reason why someone from the U.S would have a hard time being able to differentiate the regional accents of Swedish for example. They're ears just aren't fine tuned to the language or the subtleties of the small differences in the pronunciation of words. Same applies to facial features in other races to some degree I think, hence why "all azns totally look the same". Our eyes just can't see the subtleties because we're just looking at the bigger picture. That's what I think it may be anyway.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Last edited by WaitWhat? at Nov 15, 2009,
We asians must rely on ridiculous hairstyles to avoid being grouped up together

But serious though, like Chaos Nil, I've come to distinguish many Asian ethnic groups apart, as my city is 80% (or more) asian. There's like, 4 black kids in my school, so it's pretty easy to tell them apart
usually african americans vary in skin tone so they look a lot less all the same than white people actaully do.

/thread.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
I get what you mean OP, everyone (bar people with a parent/grandparent etc outside their race) is pulling off a similar gene pool in asia, i.e dark hair and eyes, whereas in europe there's a mix of eastern european, mediterrenean, and western european features that are a bit more mixed up in the populations. I wouldn't count anyone of african descent because there's no way someone from Egypt looks like someone from the Congo.

....Zieg Heil?
Last edited by Matt-92 at Nov 15, 2009,
There's only one black person and one asian person that i've seen round here, so I don't need to tell them apart anyway. But it's stupid to say they all look the same. They do, but you probably aren't meant to say that.
How is it racist to think that a particular ethnic group tend to look very similar to one another?

You know, sometimes people think they look the same because they DO look the same. Not racism, fact.
If people are isolated from people from other ethnicities, they will probably have trouble telling two people of that certain ethnicity apart. Each ethnicity has distinguishing features and other features which vary more, it's just a case of finding the features that vary. For instance, take hair colour. If asians all have similar hair colour, you can look at some other feature to recognise someone (Cheekbone shape, nose size, mouth shape, whatever).

Anyone who has grown up in a multicultural environment will have no problem telling the difference between two people of the same ethnicity.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Better question.

Why are african americans called AFRICAN americans?

Pretty much NONE of them are African, we dont call German descendants German Americans, or Irish descendants Irish Americans.

So why do we do it?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Chaos Nil
Your on the right track. A nice amount would come from the idea that there is less variation between japanese for instance. I, being part Japanese myself, can tell the difference between someone who is mien, viet, chinese, japanese, etc. There are minor differences that you end up becoming accustomed to. But you are on the right track. The fact is that in "White" people there is a whole lot more variation in hair color, nose, mouth, chin, shoulders, hair type. Asians mostly have the same hair and eye color. And you will see less defined differences in things such as eyes and skin color. You have to be used to it to see it. I dont think its wrong to think it, it just shows that you haven't been able to become accustomed to it.

this is basically what ive been meaning to say lol

Quote by Matt-92
I get what you mean OP, everyone (bar people with a parent/grandparent etc outside their race) is pulling off a similar gene pool in asia, i.e dark hair and eyes, whereas in europe there's a mix of eastern european, mediterrenean, and western european features that are a bit more mixed up in the populations. I wouldn't count anyone of african descent because there's no way someone from Egypt looks like someone from the Congo.

....Zieg Heil?

also this

I'm not racist at all really, but you really have to admit that asians share a greater ratio or similarity with each other than white people
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by valennic
Better question.

Why are african americans called AFRICAN americans?

Pretty much NONE of them are African, we dont call German descendants German Americans, or Irish descendants Irish Americans.

So why do we do it?

1. Mainly tradition, someonehow it started
2. Alliteration, the term 'African-American' has more flow than 'German American'
3. They are at some point of African descent.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Page 1 of 2