Poll Options
View poll results: Yamaha or Jackson
Yamaha SG 1000
3 19%
Jackson DK2
13 81%
Voters: 16.
Yuppo guys as title says.

I play pretty much Metal to blues to rock, heck i even play slide at times and more recently ive been learining Jazz and been learning chicken picking.

when I play live i play through a VOX stack.

Thing is ive played the Jackson before and loved it.

For the Yamaha ive youtubed it and i know Sanata used to play one and loved the sound.

So yeah.

I live in aplace where theres no decent guitar shoip i have to travel like 10 miles to london to play so yeah.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Go for the Jackson DK2- a great guitar for the price-

and travel the ten miles to try out the guitars! You're making the investment, might as well make a day out of it
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
the sg 1000 is one of my favorite guitars. But, they are two very different guitars. Jackson is a slimmer faster guitar and the Yamaha is a meaty tone monster.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
if your getting into jazz and chicken picking then the Yamaha is hands down better for that style.
Definitely the yamaha for sound. Play it first though - it's a very thick bodied guitar and may disagree with your ribs. If you're used to playing les pauls and such you should be fine though.