Hi,

Is it easy to build a volume pedal myself? What would I need and how much would it cost? I was thinking that it's actually only a input>potentiometer>output?

I was thinking of this because the volume pedals are waaaaay overpriced IMO.

Let me know what you think
That would work fine.

Just find a old wah shell that still has the treadle and gears inside. Just wire the pot as a voltage divider, might want to add a little cap between your input and output on the pot to preserve highs lost.

Most volume pedals have buffers and other fancy stuff in them, that's usually whey they are a bit more pricey. It's more the housing, shell and pot that are expensive though.
Quote by kurtlives91
That would work fine.

Just find a old wah shell that still has the treadle and gears inside. Just wire the pot as a voltage divider, might want to add a little cap between your input and output on the pot to preserve highs lost.

Most volume pedals have buffers and other fancy stuff in them, that's usually whey they are a bit more pricey. It's more the housing, shell and pot that are expensive though.

What do you mean with wiring the pot as a voltage divider? I'm quite a electronics n00b so excuse me for that
Quote by blandguitar
yeah, it will work. you may want to use copper tape to shield however. or it will pick up interference.

Is it possible to use aluminum foil to shield?