Page 1 of 6
I was just thinking of the bands that revolutionized the different generations. The 60s were The Beatles, the 70s were Led Zeppelin, the 80s had a few different bands such U2, Metallica, and others, the 90s were Nirvana, but what about the 2000s? What do you guys think?

inb4 The Jonas Borthers olololololololol
THIS IS MY SIG. BE JEALOUS.
Quote by salrap10
I was just thinking of the bands that revolutionized the different generations. The 60s were The Beatles, the 70s were Led Zeppelin, the 80s had a few different bands such U2, Metallica, and others, the 90s were Nirvana, but what about the 2000s? What do you guys think?

inb4 The Jonas Borthers olololololololol

The 2000s had a huge ass amount of different bands.

Yeah.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
The Pussycat Dolls.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by blue_strat
Arctic Monkeys

This. As much as I don't like listening to their music, they really did change things quite a bit.
None of them
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Green Day, they were really big in 04-06 with American Idiot.
I also think a lot of the indie bands really defined that genre as an 00's staple, bands such as the Shins, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Tegan and Sara, etc.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
dream theater got a bit more popular in the 2000s. since then, ive seen alot more progressive bands or bands adding some progressive elements to some songs
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by blue_strat
Arctic Monkeys

+1

Although I'm sure a lot of Americans will disagree
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
'2000's era?' We have another 990 years to go!

If you mean the naughties, I dunno, Muse/FooFighters.

Nothing that revolutionary, it's mostly pretty crap at the moment.
Music hasn't changed in the last 10 years at all, and we probably will never have a period where there is a significant amount of change again.
fall out boy

now theres like a shit ton of emo bands
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
Busted

-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by bendystraw
Music hasn't changed in the last 10 years at all, and we probably will never have a period where there is a significant amount of change again.

Umyesithas
Umyeswewill
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by bendystraw

accept for the time when my bands first album comes out
Quote by blue_strat
Arctic Monkeys

I disagree, there were a lot of Indie bands getting popular before Arctic Monkeys really made it big.
Quote by bendystraw

What possible reason could you have to believe that? Personally I'd go for... I have no idea. It's probably something that has to be retrospective.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
i wanna say muse cause theyre my favorite of todays modern rockbands but im gonna have to go with the guy who said green day

out of the 9 years of 2000 so far theyre one of the few popular bands that have stuck around

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by blue_strat
Arctic Monkeys

Yeah if you see a poor Libertines covers band as revolutionary.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by Elioz
Radiohead

I absolutely agree
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by aaronni
I disagree, there were a lot of Indie bands getting popular before Arctic Monkeys really made it big.

But how many of them were singing in annoying accents?

-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by blue_strat
Arctic Monkeys

arctic monkeys ripped their sound from a band called milburn so they didnt exactly revolutionise anything

best band of the 2000s for me are the white stripes
but not enough bands go for their style

the libertines would probably be the revolutionists for british music imo
Jonas Brothers will create their own "rock" genre ...

You cannot escape it.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
But how many of them were singing in annoying accents?

Far too many.

I wouldn't really say any band has revolutionised this decade. There's so many genres and scenes that one band isn't going to make a big difference.
Last edited by aaronni at Nov 15, 2009,
Quote by aaronni

Yup Strokes, Libertines, Hives

if the Arctic Monkeys were influenced by Strokes and QOTSA they can't have influenced the 00's

Edit: if it's about Revolutionising then it must be Radiohead
Last edited by libertines4ever at Nov 15, 2009,
Quote by bendystraw

this. musical movements were more prevalent because people were not exposed to as much music, didn't have such wide tastes, and music was more important to people. Also bands are morphing into the same sound...all these shitty core bands with the same breakdowns and same autotune shitty vocals.

i grew up in the 80s/90s period and you didnt really have girls who liked a br00tal band and a boyband but you do now. people like w/e but back then it was you are a metalhead or you are a pop lover etc.

most of the bands listed havent changed anything musically. there is no original rock or metal. core bands thing fusing death metal vocals with emo melodies and haircuts makes them cutting edge and original...
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Nov 15, 2009,
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
I'd say someone like Timbaland. He's one hell of a producer, and he's produced some of the best chart toppers of the decade really.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by aaronni

+1.
I didn't hear of AM until around late 2006. But The Strokes and The Libertines were already quite successful in the few years before this.

Arctic Monkeys, and the 'post-punk revival' stuff from Franz Ferdinand and White Lies seem very influential for the later part of this decade, though.

Animal Collective and Modest Mouse seem to have exploded in popularity in contrast to where they were standing 10 years ago.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
The Strokes kind of kicked off alot of what was to come so you have to take them into consideration, but id say for a band that defined what happend in the 00's and a band that had a sound which was of the 00's ( like jefferson airplane in the 60's ) you'd have to look at someone like LCD Soundsystem or Animal Collective maybe. I'd say that those two are yet to have their greatest influence.
Then they'll take you to Cloughprior and shove you in the ground
But you'll stick your head back out and shout "we'll have another round"!
its rather difficult

i would say for:
rock - green day, blink 182, muse, radiohead

metal - slipknot, machine head

although its rather difficult to say cos the end part of this decade has seen the resurgance of older bands coming back into the limelight and beeing sucessful again.
ie motley crue, kiss, aerosmith, heaven and hell etc
Quote by rabidguitarist
Nothing gay about playing with another mans dick. I bet all of you play with your own.

he just owned everybody

Gary(L)Kirsty-Lea<3

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be deeply missed. You truely are a hero and a pioneer in metal
Quote by Lil Macker
I'd say someone like Timbaland. He's one hell of a producer, and he's produced some of the best chart toppers of the decade really.

oh shit yeah 2007 was a horrible year, in every second music video I saw on TV Timbaland was in the Picture putting his, in my opinion, stupid beat over every song
he was really successful