Hi, I play mostly classic hard rock, but also a bit of blues and 70s style punk. I've been looking on the internet for a new amp for a while now, and I came across the Peavey Windsor Half stack. Its price is amazing for what it is, and it seems perfect for me. I have a fender mexican telecaster.

Bands I play include: The Hives, Turbonegro, Rolling Stones, The Who, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Guns N' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, White Stripes, and The Black Keys. Will the windsor cover all these and how well?

I'm willing to spend around £300-400 for a new amp. Feel free to suggest other amps to me if you don't think the windsor is good.

But my main question is: What are UG's opinions on the windsor? Will it suit me well and play all them? And also, what is a nice cheap cab I can get which will go with it nicely? Thanks!
I have never played a Peavey Windsor, but going on your influences I would suggest something Marshally, look at ValvePower, they are really great amps, especially for Classic Rock
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I was interested in them, but they're quite a bit more expensive. And plus I don't know how reliable thats going to be- I don't want to carry around a backup if I choose to do a gig, and also if something goes wrong with it, how do I know I'll get it fixed?

Also forgot to add: if you suggest me another amp, it MUST be able to get over a band EASILY.
Last edited by dotheFlop at Nov 15, 2009,
The Windsor will easily cover The Who, Led Zep, AC/DC, GNR, White Stripes, and The Black Keys, Black Sabbath, and The Hives.
The only one I'm iffy about is RHCP. Many people say it's not a "clean" amp, although videos on youtube suggest otherwise, that lowering the pre amp gain will get sparkly cleans that when used with single coils, practically plagiarize Frusciante and all those other guitarists that love bright cleans.

Quote by Jak Archer
I have never played a Peavey Windsor, but going on your influences I would suggest something Marshally, look at ValvePower, they are really great amps, especially for Classic Rock

Peavey Windsors are "Marshally".
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Last edited by Sopheydood at Nov 15, 2009,
Something else. I owned a Windsor for a couple of weeks. There are much better amps out there.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Sopheydood

Peavey Windsors are "Marshally".

windsors are marshally, yes, but the valvepower is a handwired clone.

http://www.valvepower.co.uk/index.htm

the VP would work well (especially with a boost) for most of the stuff listed, but I'm not too familiar with a couple of the bands listed, turbonegro etc.

EDIT: i'm not sure what you mean by "more expensive", that's the same price as the windsor, unless thomann has brought back that 200 euro blowout deal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?