when ever i do a virbarto on any string any fret i always hit the string above like if i vibarto the b the string ill hit the g string. so it ends up making a nosie and how do i do a vibarto with out having to mute the adjacent stringS?
it helps me to angle the finger(s) sideways (i.e. not so perpendicular to the strings), and have most of the motion come from the wrist, not the fingers. besides being the "correct" way to get good leverage and do proper vibrato, it also seems to lessen the noise on the other strings for me. i still have to mute the adjacent strings sometimes, though.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Instead of side - to - side you could do a violinish vibrato where you go toward and from the fret.
you can mute all the other strings and you will be sure to only hit the note you want. For instance, vibrato with your ring finger and mute with the index the rest of the strings, i do that beacuse i have that problem as well
I do a circular vibrato - I bend the string slightly from side to side, but I also do a classical back-and-forth motion. Watch Steve Vai to get an idea of what I'm doing.
you use the index finger to mute the strings above and below it. theres no secret, the string will occasionally hit the adjacent strings, especially if you do wide vibrato

on another note, spell vibrato right
Quote by melton100
Instead of side - to - side you could do a violinish vibrato where you go toward and from the fret.

yea but that one sound different from a circular one
Quote by Hullucinate
yea but that one sound different from a circular one

true, but you may want to practice it anyways. You never know when you're gonna want to have that different sound.
A wise man once said "It's better to have and not need it than to need it and not have it."
Quote by Hullucinate
how do i do a vibarto with out having to mute the adjacent stringS?

Give me one good reason why you don't want to mute adjacent strings.
That's such a basic part of having good technique.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.