Page 1 of 2
which movies do you think is better and why?

i like 28 weeks, because the script is a little more imaginative than the first. its harder to find a way to bring back a virus into a film than to create one.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

i havent seen weeks later, but i think days later would be pretty hard to beat
probably the best (non comedy) zombie (?) film of the last ten years
Llama

On

Llama
Well, 28 weeks later did have Rose Byrne and Imogen Poots...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
28 Days Later

I thought the first two-thirds of the film was particularly well done, and while it dragged toward the end it still retained my interest well.

I actually found 28 Days Later more imaginative than 28 Weeks Later. Dunno.

Both were solid.
Quote by Hames3rd
i havent seen weeks later, but i think days later would be pretty hard to beat
probably the best (non comedy) zombie (?) film of the last ten years

well they never technically died before they turned, so i guess theyre no REALLY zombies

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
well they never technically died before they turned, so i guess theyre no REALLY zombies

i think the term zombie is loosely used these days
like are the "zombies" in zombieland actually zombies ?
does it have to be a dead, then come back to life affair to really be a zombie?
Llama

On

Llama
28 days by far.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
zombies=livingdead?

to be living dead youd have to die?

'tis confusing aint it.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

I thought that 28 Weeks wass terrible in comparison, it's just any other horror movie - 28 Days was gripping, interesting, and had a little bit more of an original edge. Having said that, the opening sequence in 28 Weeks with the farmhouse is incredible. I just can't get over how ridiculously stupid the kids in 28 Weeks were to leave the safe zone. Ruins the whole thing for me.
Quote by Silver-spear94

Nowadays, zombies tend to be just mutants, like in Resi
Personally I liked weeks better, not sure why though. I was sad when Robert Carlyle turned though
ohai little sig.
Days was far superior, grittier, more tense, and actually more shocking, despite less gore and a lower budget.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Hames3rd
i think the term zombie is loosely used these days
like are the "zombies" in zombieland actually zombies ?
does it have to be a dead, then come back to life affair to really be a zombie?

zombies are people possesed by a spirit through a voodoo act.
I like both hard to pick, 28 Days Later was really original but I liked how they brought back the character dramas and built upon it in weeks. Can't wait for 28 months later, though I suspect it won't be out for a while
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by Demonikk
Nowadays, zombies tend to be just mutants, like in Resi
Personally I liked weeks better, not sure why though. I was sad when Robert Carlyle turned though

mutants or people with some crazy virus

and spoiler alert???!!!
Llama

On

Llama
Quote by Kensai
Well, 28 weeks later did have Rose Byrne and Imogen Poots...

This.

But I did prefer how slow moving the first one was. It was very atmospheric.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
SPOILER ALERT!

28 weeks later sucked, there was too many plot holes, like the kids leaving the safe zone. The janitor having access to the most restricted areas, there being a second exit to the 'safe room' where they pack everyone, which noone seems to find. The world having a ridiculous amount of weapons and bombs, and there being a large amount of army men/women which have survived capable of using it.

The chopper scene was quite funny though, it atleast made me smile, made it lose all its seriousness though, but it didnt have a terrible amount to begin with. But I did find it sad
Quote by superunknown
I haven't seen 28 Weeks Later, but 28 Days had Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

Superb song, it took me three years to finally look them up. One of my favourite bands.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by druz15_UG
I like both hard to pick, 28 Days Later was really original but I liked how they brought back the character dramas and built upon it in weeks. Can't wait for 28 months later, though I suspect it won't be out for a while

"In October 2008, Boyle discussed with KarmaLoopTV the high possibility of a 28 Months Later.[26] As of November 2009, the movie website IMDB lists 28 Months Later as having a release date of 2011"

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by superunknown
I haven't seen 28 Weeks Later, but 28 Days had Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

This. That part was awesome.
Quote by Random3
They are both awesome films, however 28 Weeks lacks the atmosphere of the first, and the story is put in motion due to acts of stupidity by the children...

i do agree, two kids managed to outwit the marines quite easily. The passed over 2 marine boats, and past two guards. they were only seen by that sniper lol.

maybe thats a bit of racism towards you fellows across the pond.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

A family friend is actually trying to get me an extras slot as one of the infected in 28 Months
ohai little sig.
in which case demonikk, make sure imogen poots is still up for infection.

or maybe get jessica biel to be the hero.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

i preferred days by miles. much darker, grittier and more atmospheric. also the deserted london shots are some of the most amazing, well shot, well known shots in movie history. 28 days is easily one of my favourite films of all time, 28 weeks doesnt even make the top 20.
Quote by Random3
They are both awesome films, however 28 Weeks lacks the atmosphere of the first, and the story is put in motion due to acts of stupidity by the children...

This, more or less. 28 Weeks just didn't feel as real.
I also agree why the hell are the kid even allowed to leave so far from the safe zone
the kids left the safe zone and were spotted leaving the end of the bridge

but, they managed to run through several estates, loot themselves a moped, travel to another estate, look around their house, pack things, go on a trampoline and find their mother before the marines caught up.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

i just find it strange that the code-red protocol involves killing EVERYONE.

even that marine guy....doyle.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

28 Weeks lacks the atmosphere of the first
my opinion exactly. while 28 weeks was pretty good, it just didnt feel the same as 28 days.
28 Days Later by far. It had way more depth and creativity, and a better atmosphere of all hope lost and despair. The acting was much better as well, giving a stronger connection to the characters. With that being said, Robert Carlyle was the only thing holding 28 Weeks Later in place. If he had been on 28 days, this wouldn't even be an argument. Oh and on the subject of them being considered zombies...no. Zombies, or Zombi, originated from Haiti where the dead were resurrected and used for manual labour. In short, living dead. The infected of 28 days/weeks later do not require death in order to turn, therefore not zombies, just infected humans.

Edit: Oh and Danny Boyle directed 28 days later which is why it was better. I think he is directing 28 Months later though so hopefully that will redeem 28 weeks later.
Last edited by Piscasis at Nov 15, 2009,
28 days Later was infinately better. 28 Weeks Later lacked an understandable plot and just didn't seem as fresh and original as 28 Days, ruining what could have been a great sequal. But I have to say the intro to 28 Weeks Later is probably the best intro to a movie in cinematic history, followed by tumbling dogshit.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
28 days later was a decent film untill christoper eccles cakes showed up and the story went to crap.

28 weeks later just stunk from start to finish.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
28 Days was by far the better movie. I enjoyed some parts of 28 Weeks and it did have potential but it just wasn't that great. It also completely overused In The House - In A Heartbeat (the main song).
I think everyone has answered your question TS. 28 Days Later FTW.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
28 Days Later is better by leaps and bounds. Much more original, gripping and fast-paced. Also, the use of unknown actors gave it a much more real feeling for me. I also like the way they set it up as a global apocolypse, until near the end when Jim see's the plane flying over. 28 Weeks Later felt a little more forced. I was also a bit upset that you never fully find out what happened to Jim, Selena and Hannah.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
Page 1 of 2