Ack! I am home alone, it's almost midnight here in Sweden and I thought I'd go and pee. Then I see it! Water creeping over the bathroom floor like Satan in liquid form, it reaches for me with its cold, wet fingers... I fight the urge to scream and close the bathroom door quickly!

Now what do I do?! I keep imagining the water will build up in there and eventually blow the door off, and flood my entire house and I'll drown!

The toilet has water halfway up, and the water just simmers over the drainhole under the bathtub...

The question is, do I dare try flushing the toilet? Or will that just unleash a flood vortex that will consume me and all items I hold dear?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
Ack! I am home alone, it's almost midnight here in Sweden and I thought I'd go and pee. Then I see it! Water creeping over the bathroom floor like Satan in liquid form, it reaches for me with its cold, wet fingers... I fight the urge to scream and close the bathroom door quickly!

Now what do I do?! I keep imagining the water will build up in there and eventually blow the door off, and flood my entire house and I'll drown!

The toilet has water halfway up, and the water just simmers over the drainhole under the bathtub...

The question is, do I dare try flushing the toilet? Or will that just unleash a flood vortex that will consume me and all items I hold dear?

we wont know for sure unless you try
Quote by captaincrunk
Is there water in the bathtub, or is the water coming out of the toilet? Get some towels in there first off.

Nah, there is water in the toilet, but the water seems to be emerging from the drain underneath the bathtub.

... I'll flush the toilet. If I don't report back... you'll know what has happened.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"

If you flush, that will happen.

Please film it.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
The water is emerging from the drainhole in the floor, underneath the bathtub.

I was about to flush, then the toilet made some strange unexpected noises! Like if it was gasping for air (understandable given all that water).

So I jumped back, screaming like a girl... and now I don't dare touch it. Is it attempting suicide? Is this God's way of punishing me for jumping in water puddles?

WTF IS GOING ON, I'LL DIE HERE!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I'm just going to assume its in your floor, not in your tub. This is bad. Those drains rarely see any water, so I'm just assuming that water from another source is coming to that drain. Look around for the other source, and if you can't figure it out you might want to call a plumber.
Don't try to use any chemicals by yourself. The drains that take away your running water (toilet sink bathtub etc) meet somewhere, and I guess this floor drain meets there too. That's one possibility. IF this is the case go turn your water off, wherever it is you can do that. It's different for everyone.
Dude, why are you complaining? I'd kill to turn my house into a waterpark
ohai little sig.
That was your toilets stomach growling. Feed it.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Thing is, everything is normal on the toilet downstairs.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by captaincrunk
Is it increasing in volume, or just staying the same?

I can't tell if it's increasing in volume or just slowly running down the slope in the floor... it is expanding but very slowly.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Get in there and shut off the water to the toilet......
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by captaincrunk
Then it's likely not increasing in volume. If it weren't on the 2nd floor I'd blame sewer systems. Is it clear water?

It is clear water. The toilet keeps making weird noises... sounds a bit like Chewbacca being strangled.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
this just means the monsters from Dead Space will come out and try to kill you.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by Demon Wolf
It is clear water. The toilet keeps making weird noises... sounds a bit like Chewbacca being strangled.

It's trying to do the same thing at your toilet as it is at your floor drain, maybe. Sink and shower doing nothing?

I think you have a blockage from your drains. Somewhere the floor drain's pipe meets up with the others, then meets up with a bigger one on the first floor/basement area.
Quote by captaincrunk
It's trying to do the same thing at your toilet as it is at your floor drain, maybe. Sink and shower doing nothing?

I think you have a blockage from your drains. Somewhere the floor drain's pipe meets up with the others, then meets up with a bigger one on the first floor/basement area.

No, sink is doing nothing, and there's only a bathtub.

Thanks for the help so far, I guess I'll have to go valve hunting.

EDIT: Thing is, we live in an apartment complex, so I have no clue where the valve could be. Our apartment is ground floor and second floor, and a bit separated from the rest, so it looks like a house connected to the other apartments... But I assume the valve would be for the water supply to the entire building.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Last edited by Demon Wolf at Nov 15, 2009,
Quote by Demon Wolf
No, sink is doing nothing, and there's only a bathtub.

Thanks for the help so far, I guess I'll have to go valve hunting.

EDIT: Thing is, we live in an apartment complex, so I have no clue where the valve could be. Our apartment is ground floor and second floor, and a bit separated from the rest, so it looks like a house connected to the other apartments... But I assume the valve would be for the water supply to the entire building.

IF they charge you for water you definitely have your own. If they don't I guess that's possible. But there will be a way to turn just YOUR water off because they can't just go turning all the water off when they need to do repairs for one person. Check wherever your water heater is, maybe. They like to group these things together in apt's. U in the US?
I live in Sweden.

BUT!

I went in there, kicked the toilet for its stupidity, came back to the computer to check thread, went back into the bathroom and... the water has sunk back to normal in the toilet! It is no longer moving on the floor!

I will keep an eye on this for the next few minutes, or I'll have to get outside and see if I can find the valve.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
plumber. you may need to bleed your pipes or something i dunno
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I won't. Thanks alot for the help, I appreciate it.

I am now pushing the excess water back down the drain under the bathtub... and I hope I have beaten this thing.
Quote by Ichikurosaki