Hey guys,

I was wondering, when I practice, which pick-up should I use? I've noticed that when I use the neck pickup THEN switch to the bridge pickup I tend to be less accurate (i.e. My hand's aren't actually synced up) Does this mean I should always practice on the bridge pick up?

Is it possible that the neck pickup is like distortion, where it HIDES mistakes? Because when I use the bridge pick up, it sounds like everything is synced up (I'm practicing alternate picking btw)

Thanks

Edit: I think this is in the right forum, because I am asking for help on HOW to practice. If not, just tell me and I'll close it
Last edited by AdrianF1994 at Nov 15, 2009,
Distortion tends to show up muting mistakes more than on clean, as all the quietly ringing strings on clean now show up at the same volume as the strings you actualy want to ring out.

If I remember correctly, the bridge pickup has a higher out put. So things you can get away with on the neck pick up (slightly sloppy muting, for instance) will show up on the bridge. So if you start with the neck, get into the swing of being a bit sloppy and then switch to the bridge, itl show up more
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by pigeonmafia
Distortion tends to show up muting mistakes more than on clean, as all the quietly ringing strings on clean now show up at the same volume as the strings you actualy want to ring out.

If I remember correctly, the bridge pickup has a higher out put. So things you can get away with on the neck pick up (slightly sloppy muting, for instance) will show up on the bridge. So if you start with the neck, get into the swing of being a bit sloppy and then switch to the bridge, itl show up more

Thanks