Page 1 of 2
Well it's nearly the end of 2009. That means this decade is about to come to a close. There have been many changes since the year 2000 that have made this an interesting time to live in. What things do you think history will look back on as what defined the 2000s?

Last edited by Floyd93 at Nov 15, 2009,
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Acoustic covers of rap/r&b on Youtube
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Me.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
The world finally ending.

F
U
C E N S O R S H I P
K
Last edited by Frank Fury at Nov 15, 2009,
Quote by speakers
kurt cobains death?

Welcome to the 90´s man. Enjoy your stay CAUSE YOU´RE THE ONLY MAN HERE!
definitely 9/11

and I think the prominence of the internet, the next step up in consoles, and the improvements of phones i.e. iPhones and other technology based things, but I guess in 2019, everyone will be saying the same sort of things about the 2010's
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by JacobLampman

is the guy wearing lipstick in that photo?
I am a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically.
Quote by Toolshed#9
is the guy wearing lipstick in that photo?

yes, and yes, he is gay in the real world too.
h'wat
I cannot fit into your skin.
Quote by will123456789
definitely 9/11

and I think the prominence of the internet, the next step up in consoles, and the improvements of phones i.e. iPhones and other technology based things, but I guess in 2019, everyone will be saying the same sort of things about the 2010's

Very true. Right now I can't see the 2010's being much different from the 2000's though.
Quote by Floyd93
Very true. Right now I can't see the 2010's being much different from the 2000's though.

but the world is going to end in 2012, so it sounds like the 2010s will be a pretty short decade

i dont really believe that bull though
-JBSwreckfest
Probably 9/11. A traumatic event a the start of the decade that has pretty much fucked up the rest of it. Thank you Bin Laden, Thank you Osama, Thank you Bush and thank you World. It's been an honour.
7th July 2005 Bombings (something that will definately stick out in my mind)

Barack Obama becoming president.

Rise of social networking sites.

Also, various deaths such as Jacko, Les Paul, Patrick Swayze and more.

Personally it is a memorable decade as it consists of my teenage years, i think i have changed an amazing amount between about 2006 and now.

EDIT: Oh, and it has been a fairly good decade for me personally, but in terms of milestones, there has been quite alot of crap, then again, there has been a silver lining to such things (technophile culture moving rapidly, etc).
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Nov 16, 2009,
Well for Americans, the three elections were all huge, the last one being the biggest. 9/11 and the subsequent war in Iraq. Also Hurricane Katrina.
2000s is the last full decade also, so it was pretty dull compared to what youd expect.

2012!!!
-JBSwreckfest
Quote by Moggan13
Probably 9/11. A traumatic event a the start of the decade that has pretty much fucked up the rest of it. Thank you Bin Laden, Thank you Osama, Thank you Bush and thank you World. It's been an honour.

Osama and Bin Laden are the same people
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
Osama and Bin Laden are the same people

(Reads)

Oh bollocks your right!! Damn my stupidty!

I need to go to sleep
I'd go with 9/11
Social Networking
Technology
And Obama...
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
america =/= the rest of the world. A lot of people don't actually care about Obama...
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
All three of those Christmas days we had in that time.

Don't worry I'm a Maths student, I know it's right.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Although many will think this is silly, I consider the balloon-boy incident to be a somewhat symbolic (and possibly ominous) way to end the decade.

If I were to write a novel based off the 2000's, I'd probably have two main pegs of history rooted in the story; the financial meltdown and the balloon-boy incident.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Actually, the decade technically ends in 2010.

True, but who thinks of 1990 as part of the 80's?
Page 1 of 2