im looking to get a bass distortion pedal but dont have much of an idea of which to get iwas thinking probably the boss bass distortion pedal though, any suggestions?
what do you want it to sound like?

I personally dig the Wounded Paw Attack Goat and the Malekko B:Assmaster.

also, bassfuzz.com.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Last edited by the humanity at Nov 15, 2009,
I'm just a beginner, but I know enough to feel like I'm confusing myself by looking at these diagrams. Since there was never an actual step by step for connecting everything, where could I find instructions on the general construction of each part? I literally can't tell what the hell I'm looking at in these pictures, either due to blurriness, or wires stacked on top of each other in perspective.

The schematic doesn't seem to help me either, as it doesn't seem to coincide with the pictures of your final product. Do you have any "noobed down" steps that I can look at just to get started? All I have in the breadboard at this moment is the input jack (where's the output jack, can I use one?) and the transistor, which in my case isn't even the same transistor.

Also, what's the difference between using an op amp and transistor in this pedal? How much does it change the wiring because of the pins? I have JRC4558D chips lying around, and thought I may be able to kind of mock a tube screamer with the same diodes and op amp. Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks for any help you could give. It's a lot of fun for how frustrating it all can be.
======================
sara's super spa
mobile office internet
Quote by rajkumr48
I'm just a beginner, but I know enough to feel like I'm confusing myself by looking at these diagrams. Since there was never an actual step by step for connecting everything, where could I find instructions on the general construction of each part? I literally can't tell what the hell I'm looking at in these pictures, either due to blurriness, or wires stacked on top of each other in perspective.

The schematic doesn't seem to help me either, as it doesn't seem to coincide with the pictures of your final product. Do you have any "noobed down" steps that I can look at just to get started? All I have in the breadboard at this moment is the input jack (where's the output jack, can I use one?) and the transistor, which in my case isn't even the same transistor.

Also, what's the difference between using an op amp and transistor in this pedal? How much does it change the wiring because of the pins? I have JRC4558D chips lying around, and thought I may be able to kind of mock a tube screamer with the same diodes and op amp. Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks for any help you could give. It's a lot of fun for how frustrating it all can be.
======================
sara's super spa
mobile office internet

Did you mean to post that in this thread...?

On topic: A nice bass fuzz would probably suit you well. I've heard great things about MXR's El Grande Bass Fuzz.
rajkumr48 is an adbot, MPica. ignore his annoying post.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom