I need some cheap patch cables that I could run through several pedals without undoing the planet waves cable that I goes from my guitar to the first pedal. Any suggestions?

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Hosa has some pretty good patch cables for cheap
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
^^No POS pedals. My parents are asking what I want for christmas, so I am going to ask for a Korg pitchblack and Danelectro Fish N' Chips.

Last edited by pokeatthedevil at Nov 15, 2009,
If you have pedals with bad buffers (ahem, fish and chips), it's not going to matter at all what cable you're using after the pedal. If you have a pedal with a good buffer and the rest are true bypass, the buffer should drive any cables just fine, so there's no need to get expensive ones as long as you don't have a very long run from the pedals to the amp. If you have all true bypass cables, you'll want something a little nicer, like planet waves.
the one thing you do want to make sure is that they are insulated well. don;t want any interference in the cable
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Quote by Roc8995
If you have pedals with bad buffers (ahem, fish and chips), it's not going to matter at all what cable you're using after the pedal. If you have a pedal with a good buffer and the rest are true bypass, the buffer should drive any cables just fine, so there's no need to get expensive ones as long as you don't have a very long run from the pedals to the amp. If you have all true bypass cables, you'll want something a little nicer, like planet waves.

Would the Fish N' Chips have a good buffer?

the whole 'cable tone' stuff is pretty much bullshit, as long as you dont use headphone extension cables and REALLY CRAPPY cables, it hardly makes a difference at all. and patch cables should do. just dont have bad buffered pedals in the chain, they will do much worse to your tone than a bad cable will.
^You're using active pickups through pedals with bad buffers into an amp that I imagine you have the gain on pretty high. If anyone's not going to notice the effects of cables, it's going to be with your rig. Other rigs are much more sensitive to cables.
There's nothing wrong with your setup, I'm just saying that your active pickups are going to drive any cable, and the buffer will suck more tone than a cable would, so you really wouldn't notice with that rig.
Are Live Wire cables sh*tty?

Quote by Roc8995
^You're using active pickups through pedals with bad buffers into an amp that I imagine you have the gain on pretty high. If anyone's not going to notice the effects of cables, it's going to be with your rig. Other rigs are much more sensitive to cables.
There's nothing wrong with your setup, I'm just saying that your active pickups are going to drive any cable, and the buffer will suck more tone than a cable would, so you really wouldn't notice with that rig.

burn

if you're in the UK, cleartones are good and cheap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Actually, I am in America, sorry.

no worries
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Gee, I thought I added my location a long time ago.

Edit: there, much better.

Last edited by pokeatthedevil at Nov 15, 2009,
How are mogami silver series?

Good cables can make a big difference. But using 1 good cable for your lead then cheap ones everywhere else isnt gonna do much. The better cables also come with warranties which can come in handy.
Quote by pokeatthedevil
How are mogami silver series?

Bitchin. If you want to go really cheap, make them yourself for around $7 a cable. A set of George L's would be pretty cheap too if you can deal with the reliability thing.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Make your own... its helluva lot cheaper than continuously buying cables.

Canare and Belden make excellent cables. Mogami's are pretty good as well... along with Evidence Audio.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.