Hello everyone. I am in the market for a new amp and am looking for recommendations from fellow musician's. I currently have (yes I know it is crap) a Line6 Spyder III 75W. I purchased it as my first amp before developing an ear for good quality tone and now I can not stand the thing. Now i'm looking into something cheaper with better tone.
Im looking for a new amp that I can play both blues and metal with. The amps I'm looking at now are the Peavey Vypyr, Vox Valvetronix, and Roland Cubes. What do you all think about these different amps? I would really like to find a cheap tube amp or tube head/cabinet instead but don't can't really find any that produce a good sound for cheap (under $300). Please let me know what you all think about these amp models. Also recommend me some amps that you like. Thank you.
Also Im looking into the Blackheart's as well. What have you all heard about these?
The only Blackheart that's capable of metal is the Handsome Devil... but you'll need to OD it a lot... and maybe do a speaker swap.

For 300 jelly beans, you could maybe look at the Peavey Vypyr range... but 300 jelly beans won't get you far for tube... you'll need to maybe bump it up by approx 200 - 300 more jelly beans.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
HT-5 sounds great for rock, and some heavier stuff, but you would need a gain boost for metal tones.
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
I am mainly looking for something for rock and blues, but I would like to be able to play a little metal through it as well.