i have 500 dollars im looking for guitar with a tune o matic but i want a good one i dont want a les paul or a strat nor a esp
strats dont have TOM's...anyway you could look into flying v's, sg's, various schecters....
so are you looking for a bridge or a guitar?

what amp do you have now? what guitar are you upgrading from? what type of music do you play?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^ should be able to get a fairly nice TOM bridge for $500.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
im so confused!
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Why can't anyone on UG use proper grammer/spelling?
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Last edited by guitarlord28 at Nov 15, 2009,
Quote by i like soad
ohh lol im looking for a guitar with a TOM and i ave a dean ml with a floyd now

well, i guess if you're looking for a more "metal" looking guitar with a tom or fixed bridge,

you'll probably like, schecters, prs', washburns type guitars.

but honestly, everyone makes fixed bridge guitars.

even ibanez and fender.

you really need to be more specific as to what you're looking for.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Do you want just a regular TOM bridge or an adjustable wraparound bridge?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by guitarlord28
Why can't anyone on UG use proper grammer/spelling?

erm... *cough* its GRAMMAR, not grammer =P
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Instead of looking for a guitar with a TOM bridge, look for guitars you like, then narrow it down by whether or not they have a TOM because, really, that shouldn't be the first thing you look at when you compare guitars. They really only help adjust the action.
Quote by iforgot120
Instead of looking for a guitar with a TOM bridge, look for guitars you like, then narrow it down by whether or not they have a TOM because, really, that shouldn't be the first thing you look at when you compare guitars. They really only help adjust the action.

And it makes changing from E to Drop D soo much simpler.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Crizzle

How?

Not that it matters much; tuning to drop D takes seconds.
Quote by Crizzle
i don't see how a tune a matic makes it any easier to change tunings than a wrap around or hard tail or any other non-floyd rose bridge for that matter.
Quote by i like soad
ohh lol im looking for a guitar with a TOM and i ave a dean ml with a floyd now

Any particular reason as to why a TOM only or would you accept any guitar that has a hardtail of sorts?
Quote by jj1565
im so confused!

hehe

Quote by jj1565
well, i guess if you're looking for a more "metal" looking guitar with a tom or fixed bridge,

you'll probably like, schecters, prs', washburns type guitars.

but honestly, everyone makes fixed bridge guitars.

even ibanez and fender.

you really need to be more specific as to what you're looking for.

agreed
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?