Okay, I need someone with a fairly good knack for all things guitar pro to be REALLY helpful, but if anyone would just like to help for the sake of helping, any feedback at all would be fantastic.

Alrighty, so, recently, I decided to take on the daunting challenge of transcribing the George Gershwin piano concerto into guitar pro. (For those of you thinking, "yuck, classical!" George Gershwin was a 1920's guy, his music is VERY jazzy and cool, so don't be turned away by the word "concerto" lol.)

Not only did I decide to tab the whole damn thing (its about 30 minutes with all movements), but I also wanted it to be GOOD. Like, I wanted whoever downloaded it to feel as though he were listening to it at an actual concert, not the boring, robotic-sounding guitar pro tabs that most are (check out the FANTASTIC Jimi Hendrix Woodstock "Voodoo Child" on here to see the kind of "realness" I'm wanting to get)

so, I'm about 9 minutes into the first movement, and I am having some trouble, so I went ahead and saved the whole thing, and will post it here for you guys to download/listen to in order to get some feedback before I continue on.

Here is the file (had to upload it to somewhere else as forum attachment space is too small):
http://www.mediafire.com/?jmmxjoirgcg.

Reminder: this is only the part I have completed, not the complete movement, I'm about 3/4 done with this movement, so it ends kinda abruptly

As you listen/look at it, please help me with the following:
1. natural feeling (especially dynamics and tempo)
2. balance (I did the balanced based on my computer speakers of course, but it could be much different on someone else's computer, so this is a biggy. Also, I'm not just talking about low to high balance, I'm talking instrument balance as well. for example, flutes and clarinets cut through just about everything on my computer, so I toned em down, most performances are VERY string-heavy, so see if thats the case with mine as well.)
3. Loudness from ms. 245 - 260 (it's the loudest section in the whole movement, starts with all instruments at F, then by 260, all instruments are at FFF, but its so loud that it sounds like it's peaking, at least for me, but to tone it down at all kinda looses the effect, so IDK what to do here)
4. At least once each play-through, Guitar Pro locks up and shuts off, I realize this is probably my machine/software, but I guess its possible that its the file, so tell me if it locks up and shuts Guitar Pro down for you guys as well.
Last edited by nmitchell076 at Nov 15, 2009,
Here, I'm pretty sure http://just****inggoogleit.com/ will answer your question

Also, "Ne1"?

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by AlecMag
Here, I'm pretty sure http://just****inggoogleit.com/ will answer your question

Also, "Ne1"?

Actually, I believe this will answer the TS's question.

And Ne1 is short for anyone.

When you get to that thread, TS, mention your operating system as well (Windows Vista, Mac OS 10.5 etc).
Last edited by blue_strat at Nov 15, 2009,
Did any of you read the OP? It just crashed my guitar pro too...
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
Like, did it lock up on opening it? or while playing it like mine?

If it locked up while playing, did it do it at the same point each time? or did it do it at random points.

My guess if its at random points is that the file size is just two large and I'll have to split it up to make it accessable (which i hate to do, cause it ruins the continuity of it, but if its necessary, then i suppose I'll have to)
Anyone who thinks "yuck, classical" is literally made of shit.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
It blows my mind how you use words like daunting, attachment, dynamics, performances, and transcribing....but you can't be bothered to write out 'anyone'.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by whalepudding
Anyone who thinks "yuck, classical" is literally made of shit.

*looks down and touches arm*

OH MY GOD!!!!!!
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by StewieSwan
It blows my mind how you use words like daunting, attachment, dynamics, performances, and transcribing....but you can't be bothered to write out 'anyone'.

lmao, true, true. I was in a texting mood when I wrote the title, but in a forum writing mood when I wrote the body. lol
you know, I wonder if its crashing upon open, might it be the download site? Since its not UG.

IDK, only problem is that dowloading from there works for me, but then again... idk.

it works on mine, but that can be for numerous reasons. I guess I'm wondering whether it will crash everyone's GP5 if uploaded to UG.
thanx, that saves me the trouble of having to punch in notes for the rest of it. But still... its sooo damn.... robotic sounding. I want something that sounds real. If I heard that live, I would be asleep within the first 3 minutes.