I search bared for this 1st but didn't find any really good answers.

I am trying to learn how to sing and play simultaneously, just simple things right now like basic chord songs and stuff but I tend to get off beat with the guitar when i start to sing. Any tips to help me? Or is it just a matter of playing the rhythm till it's in your head.
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Practice them seperate, and once you have each down perfectly, slowly put them together.
PM me for newts
I found it actually helps to write your own vocal songs first, as piecing it together will come more naturally since you're in control.
Listen to how the artist plays them, and how the singing goes in time with the music, which it will. If they're easy chord songs, with practice, you should be able to manage.

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Its just a matter of practice, start off with songs with simple timing and it will just get easier.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
I made a thread about this a long time ago

what you do is start off simple, with a song you know really well, and that is something really simple to play-I did it with Wonderwall by Oasis

then you start playing and gradually introduce the words

the best way to do it is to know the guitar through and through, eyes closed, then start singing or humming slightly and quietly - then it'll get up to scratch pretty quickly

practise, as with everything you'll do, is key.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

i made this thread a while ago. search bar again, fool.
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

Quote by will123456789
I made a thread about this a long time ago

what you do is start off simple, with a song you know really well, and that is something really simple to play-I did it with Wonderwall by Oasis

then you start playing and gradually introduce the words

the best way to do it is to know the guitar through and through, eyes closed, then start singing or humming slightly and quietly - then it'll get up to scratch pretty quickly

practise, as with everything you'll do, is key.

This man speaks truth!
its pretty easy if you've heard the song before.
how long have you been playing guitar????
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Don't do it by yourself, play the song and try to play along and sing along at the same pace. Do simple songs at first, like green day or Blink 182.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
knocking on heavens door - bob dylan.
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
If you couldn't find anything on this topic with the searchbar, you have the worst searchbar "skills" imaginable.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
play and sing with the song. do them seperatley first
member #4 of the lynyrd skynyrd fan club!

Hell yaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote by wshnationals
hell yes, redneckrocker2, hell yes.
Another tip - DON'T start off trying to be James Hetfield. That's not going to happen. Start with easy stuff like Wonderwall, American Pie, etc.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by Msword7
I search bared for this 1st but didn't find any really good answers.
Try harder. And use the search function instead. Also, this is the wrong forum for questions like this anyway.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea