Animal Collective - Prospect Hummer EP
Francois Virot - Yes or No
Thee Oh Sees - Thee Hounds of Foggy Notion
Woods - Some Shame
Au - Verbs
Toro Y Moi - Demo (only thing he has out i believe)
Twi the Humble Feather - Music for Spaceships and Forests
Vashti Bunyan
Women - Women
Nurses - Apples Acres
Here We Go Magic - Here We Go Magic
Joanna Newsom - Ys
T.Rex - Beard of Stars
Julian Lynch - Garden Is Adventure
Margo Guryan - Take a Picture
S.E. Rogie - Palm Wine Guitar Music

obviously you'll never find something exactly like it, but here are some albums that to me kind of give off the same kinds of vibes. some are more freak than folk, more folk than freak, some are neither, but all are recommended. let me know if you want any specific song recs or anything.
Sea Lion by the Ruby Suns is pretty jawesome as well. It's vaguely Animal-Collective-esque.

And I'm assuming you already like Neutral Milk Hotel, right?
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
already recommended it once today, and damn it i'll do it again; 'Comus- First Utterance'. not sure if it's "freak folk", more psychedelic-folk, but genre names these days are pretty meaningless. all you really need to know is that it's very, very good. go listen now!
early devendra banhart is good, pretty much up to rejoicing in the hands... newer stuff is less freaky... he also selected songs for a compilation called Golden Apples of the Sun, you should prolly check that out...

not sure if anyone mentioned the dodos yet, but their album Visiter is really good.

maybe check out the Holy Modal Rounders too. they're pretty great.
Quote by galapogo
already recommended it once today, and damn it i'll do it again; 'Comus- First Utterance'. not sure if it's "freak folk", more psychedelic-folk, but genre names these days are pretty meaningless. all you really need to know is that it's very, very good. go listen now!

i think that's broadly considered freak folk. mindblowing album.

also
vashti bunyan - just another diamond day
and
espers - I, II, III, The Weed Tree... all the albums are amazing (especially II imo)
DEVENDRA MOTHERFUCKIN' BANHART!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
For sure early Devendra Banhart the album Oh Me Oh My is one of the best I've ever heard. Bon Iver is wonderful as well as Sufjan Stevens, Nick Drake is a little later back but time has no boundaries for him. There's this girl named Priscilla Ahn who's got the most amazing voice you should definetly check out. Andrew Bird might not be exactly what you're looking for but for sure you'll probably like him and if you dig Banhart (which you will) check out Vetiver they're pretty cool.
most of the bases are covered, but maybe check out castanets or even bowerbirds.
Quote by Arthur Curry

Women - Women

YES!

Though, they don't really sound like anything off of Sung Tongs, they're still pretty damn good.