Ok, so, at a hawk shop near my house I found a really nice blue, quilt-top schecter C1 classic with vine of life inlays, neckthru design, and a string-through-body design, and it fits all my specifications, but the pickup selector is apparently messed up. There are two humbuckers, and when switched solely to the neck, the guitar becomes very quiet. However, I didn't have this problem when it was distorted. The owner says he took a good look inside of it and that it has to be the pickup selector, I'm a little worried that it may be the neck pickup, but at 279$, I think it may be worth the risk. What do you think? I would really appreciate any advice, especially from past/present schecter users.

-Schecter Diamond Series C1 Classic
-1984 Takamine G335
-Squier bullet strat
-MXR 6 band EQ
-Ibanez PH10
-Crate v18 112
check soldering and switches, and pots...i have this on my guitar but never bothered to fix it, since its only when i join two pickups...

id say go for it! seems like an incredible deal!
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by alexdoabismo
check soldering and switches, and pots...i have this on my guitar but never bothered to fix it, since its only when i join two pickups...

id say go for it! seems like an incredible deal!

thanks for the advice! I'm not sure if they'll be comfortable with me checking the soldering, but I should atleast give it a try. It does indeed look like a phenomenal deal. I've been fighting with myself because the idea to get it was originally me GASing for a new guitar, and just change from and Ibanez RG, (even though I love it and got a great deal on it too!) But this guitar is exactly what I want, and I'll kill myself if I miss this deal :P

-1984 Takamine G335
-Squier bullet strat
-MXR 6 band EQ
-Ibanez PH10
-Crate v18 112
Quote by UnDistortion
thanks for the advice! I'm not sure if they'll be comfortable with me checking the soldering, but I should atleast give it a try. It does indeed look like a phenomenal deal. I've been fighting with myself because the idea to get it was originally me GASing for a new guitar, and just change from and Ibanez RG, (even though I love it and got a great deal on it too!) But this guitar is exactly what I want, and I'll kill myself if I miss this deal :P

oh yeah, they're absolutely gorgeous guitars, and have incredible features! also, checking the solder is only 6 screws in the back of the guitar away, so they shouldnt be too angry about it.
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
They're about $500 new on some sites. I personally wouldn't go for a guitar that has a problem, especially if you're not saving too much. If you do go for it, try to haggle it down a bit more because of the pup selector issue.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by UnDistortion
Ok, so, at a hawk shop near my house I found a really nice blue, quilt-top schecter C1 classic with vine of life inlays, neckthru design, and a string-through-body design, and it fits all my specifications, but the pickup selector is apparently messed up. There are two humbuckers, and when switched solely to the neck, the guitar becomes very quiet. However, I didn't have this problem when it was distorted. The owner says he took a good look inside of it and that it has to be the pickup selector, I'm a little worried that it may be the neck pickup, but at 279$, I think it may be worth the risk. What do you think? I would really appreciate any advice, especially from past/present schecter users.

check the action, bridge, frets and neck.

make sure the guitar can be setup correctly.

if the neck and such are ok, then simple problems like a shoddy $10 switch , or even a shoddy pup are easy and cheap to fix.

in some cases, blowing a little compressed air into a dirty switch hole will clear it up.

i wouldnt fix the problem before buying it tho.

just know, that even if you arent handy, a small shop will be able to fix the problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
check the action, bridge, frets and neck.

make sure the guitar can be setup correctly.

if the neck and such are ok, then simple problems like a shoddy $10 switch , or even a shoddy pup are easy and cheap to fix.

in some cases, blowing a little compressed air into a dirty switch hole will clear it up.

i wouldnt fix the problem before buying it tho.

just know, that even if you arent handy, a small shop will be able to fix the problem.

It shouldn't be anything can't handle. I've checked everything, and have been in thrice to check it out. I will be bringing the bridge and action down a bit, just so it can mimic my current set up with my Rg, at least until I can find mine own set up for it. And at it's current condition, he admitted he'll be brining the price down... How much? I don't know though.

-1984 Takamine G335
-Squier bullet strat
-MXR 6 band EQ
-Ibanez PH10
-Crate v18 112
id sure like a blue schecter c-1 classic

hey, how aboot i come to canada and take a look at it for you eh?

just +1 to the above. also, i dont know if its on all schecters but ive read from several different c-1 classic owners on here who had issues with their pup selectors right out of the box, so it doesnt mean the previous owner treated it like shit. +1 to checking the actions, frets, etc..

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
id sure like a blue schecter c-1 classic

hey, how aboot i come to canada and take a look at it for you eh?

just +1 to the above. also, i dont know if its on all schecters but ive read from several different c-1 classic owners on here who had issues with their pup selectors right out of the box, so it doesnt mean the previous owner treated it like shit. +1 to checking the actions, frets, etc..

The guitar is in great condition, it even has the sticker on back that says "schecter USA" or something along those lines, I'm assuming the person didn't know much about guitars or just gave up after the problem arose.

-1984 Takamine G335
-Squier bullet strat
-MXR 6 band EQ
-Ibanez PH10
-Crate v18 112